New manifold done and ready for sparging!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfrank85

Reaction score
Got sick and tired of stuck sparges, fluctuating efficiency, and crappy vorlaufing due to mash paddle abuse to the braided line so I decided to build a manifold! Joints are cpvc and the tubes are rated up yo 180°F.

ForumRunner_20121117_110213.jpg

I have a square manifold with a single cross piece like yours. I replaced the cross pieces with solid (undrilled) tubing. It seems to have increased my efficiency a little bit in continuous sparging.

Mine is copper and slotted, but it ought to work the same.

You’ve probably got some left over tubing. You could try that if you feel like experimenting.

Just did a mock run with the new manifold using water and one drop of black food coloring near TDC of the tun. The dye followed the path of least resistance, the center slots and didnt even think of going near the outside ring. I will make sure to make the adjustments and put a solid piece in the center, thanks again Wynne.

Back