Possible to purchase a draft tower that isn't scratched up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk21

Reaction score
The subject says it all...the tower my kegerator came with was scratched up and chipped. They sent me a replacement, same story. They wouldn't send another. I ponied up and ordered a stainless steel tower but it too arrived scratched up. They're going to send me a replacement, but is it not possible to get one these things without a number of scratches? Seeing how they're kind of ornamental in a way, I wouldn't think this would be so difficult. They aren't exactly cheap, either. BTW, I'm talking significant scratching...as in deep scratches, not some small surface scratches (I assume some surface scratching is pretty unavoidable).

I'm guessing you prefer the "shiny" stainless, yes?

Don't know what to tell ya', but were it my tower, I would prefer a "brushed" finish, as it does not show smudges and fingerprints nearly as well.

Whoever you are getting it from, did you have a "verbal" with them, to see if you could get an unblemished one?

If ya' can't, tell them you want a break price-wise on a dicked up one, and brush finish that beast!

They told me they would stand behind it. The original two (from the kegerator manufacturer) were chrome plated brass, so they looked terrible with bits of brass showing here and there. The stainless one at least looks better, but it's frustrating that it has deep scratches, as in gouges (you can feel that metal is missing). Sigh, nothing is made well anymore.

May not be a manufacturing problem - might be mishandling by the retailer.

Either way, at this point would a refund for the price of the tower be a better strategy?

Cheers!

Good news! I got my replacement today and it looks great. Again, I'm realistic, so I know that there will be some minor imperfections since they're handled with tools and such, and there are, but there aren't any chips in the finish or anything like that. They wrapped it up extra good for shipping, too. Keg Connection will be my go-to for kegging supplies in the future. The insulation wasn't anywhere near as thick as the tower that came with my kegerator, but easy fix...I just pulled it out and put it in the new tower. Now, I just need to get some brew days scheduled.

The subject says it all...the tower my kegerator came with was scratched up and chipped. They sent me a replacement, same story. They wouldn't send another. I ponied up and ordered a stainless steel tower but it too arrived scratched up. They're going to send me a replacement, but is it not possible to get one these things without a number of scratches? Seeing how they're kind of ornamental in a way, I wouldn't think this would be so difficult. They aren't exactly cheap, either. BTW, I'm talking significant scratching...as in deep scratches, not some small surface scratches (I assume some surface scratching is pretty unavoidable).

Ours won't be scratched. Promise!

Back