My cheap filter system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keval85

Reaction score
I bought a cheap sink strainer and reusable mesh coffee filter at the dollar store.I put each in a plastic rubbermaid container with a lid and drilled holes in the bottom,I got plastic hose fittings and mounted to the lids.I run my cider through the sink strainer to remove the heavy junk and then run it through the fine screen coffee filter to remove the light stuff,It takes awhile because you have to empty the filters and dip them in sanitatizer,but does help to clarify my ciders and remove a good portion of the yeast for aging in secondary.You could always set the thing in a stainless funnel for small openings .When done I put everything in the dishwasher.Just thought I would share Cheers Kevin

Well that ranks up there with the stupider ideas i have done.Thank God most was drank before turning to vinager.Only 1/2 gallon left to use for a nice slow cooked pork roast.Time to sit down shut up and listen to people that know better.

Keval85 said:
Well that ranks up there with the stupider ideas i have done.Thank God most was drank before turning to vinager.Only 1/2 gallon left to use for a nice slow cooked pork roast.Time to sit down shut up and listen to people that know better.

Don't worry about it. We all make mistakes. Hell, I made three batches of wine before I even knew how and visited this forum. Yikes. It's best that you posted here so we could help. Cheers!

I did something similar with my first cider. Luckily it only lasted a month so it wasn't really bad at all

Latest posts

Back