Help me with a recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2xbrewing

Reaction score
Hey fellas,
I am new to brewing and have started with all grain and was looking for help coming up with a recipe. My first batch is fermenting now and I'm trying to come up with a 2nd recipe with the left over grain that I have from a swartzbier that I was going to try but didn't realize how hard lagers were to do. I'm trying to stick with ales and stouts since fermenting is at room temperature, here is what I have:
1. 9 lbs - used a little for testing. Breiss 2 row brewers malt - mild malty lovibond 1.8.
2. 2 lbs - Breiss Caramel malt 90L pronounced caramel, slight burnt sugar, raisny, prunes. 6 row lovidbond 90.
3. 1 lbs - Dingemans De-bittered black malt (moot roost 1400) coffee less astringent. Lovibond 509.

Not sure what type of yeast I should use was thinking that london or Irish ale would be good not sure.

I could also add some type of grains if anyone would think that would help with recipe.
Thanks for the help
Tom

you could probably make a porter 9-10 lbs base grain, 1lb crystal 90, .5 lbs black and .5 of chocolate should get you there +about 35 ibus of the hop(s) of your choice.

Oh I forgot I also have

1oz German hallert au hop pellet AA 4.3% B 6.2%
1oz warrior hop pellet

Back