going all grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avm221

Reaction score
well i am going all grain. i have bought the stuff online to make a cooler mash ton and i just bought a keg(kettle) with a thermometer and ball valve. ill should be getting it all together in the next few weeks with the mash ton. i my current kettle that i have been using inside for extract batches is a 7-8 gal pot that i wil turn into my HLT. now i just need a way to use gravity to do the work for me out side when im brewing. also for right now i only have one burner so ill have to heat up my water then switch things around to get the keg on the burner hopefully befor it gets to heavy.

any suggestions on making a ghetto all grain gravity fed stands would be helpful also i got to be abel to brake it down,

If you can pick up the mash tun after its filled, anything would work....as long as the tun is placed higher than the kettle. But be careful lifting hot wort. I look at some pics of people's brewing stands. Some stack cinder blocks.

Back