Last hop on earth!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moorerm04

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been done before, but if for some very sad and crazy reason there was only one hop variety left on earth the brew with what would you choose and why? I know this is tough because there are too many good varieties to choose from... For me it would be Amarillo, moderate AA's and a great aroma hop as well!

Fuggles, just because it would annoy a lot of people and cause hybridization to occur more rapidly.

Hammy71 said:
Amarillo is nice, but for me it would have to be Centennial or Cascade.

Man it was a toss up for me between Amarillo, and Cascades. But the higher AA's of Amarillo is what does it for me. They both are a nice aroma hop as well.

Tough decision between Centennial and Fuggles. Centennial for the same reasons as outlined by passedpawn, but Fuggles would be a fantastic choice for their versatility.

Galaxy..
It's good in a blonde, apa and smash ipa's..love the aroma.
I wish hops direct had them this year, what a bummer, glad I stocked up last year..
Igotsand

I'd have to go with Centennial as my first choice, followed by Cascade and then Chinook. Any of those would be fine with me as I've had great success growing and brewing with them, I'm partial to citrusy hops, and you can SMaSH any of them (though a Chinook SMaSH might be a bit intense for some folks ;) )

Cheers!

Ya, simcoe for me too. It is one of the only hops my unsophisticated noise could pick out of a line-up.

Back