Mass consumption

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbuddy

Reaction score
Okay so I nave 2 brews under my belt. An IPA that is currently on tap and a Pete’s Wicked brown clone that is in primary. Wife likes these types but was wondering if something lighter can be brewed that you could drink more of. I’m not set up for fermenting a lager but my basement might be cool enough in another month. Any recipe / style recommendations would be greatly appreciated.:mug:

I was original planning on a best bitter but thought that might be too strong but an ordinary bitter might be the way to go. What would be an example of a mild ale?

I brew lighter ABV's all the time.

Check my sig or the recipe drop down. I try and get around 3.5% - 4% on my blondes and wits. Good session beers.

Ain't nothing wrong with a good drinkable beer that doesn't knock your socks off after one-two glasses.

There aren't many Milds sold in the US, but sometimes you'll see a 'Golden', which is actually a Mild.

Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm not set up for AG but a Blonde Ale sounds real good although I’ve never tried one.

I used to drink Molson Golden back in my youth would that be comparable to a Mild Ale?

beerbuddy said:
I used to drink Molson Golden back in my youth would that be comparable to a Mild Ale?

Probably not at all. Go for a Ordinary bitter. Great flavor and you can drink a bunch of it without getting hammered.

niquejim said:
A mild is a darker version of a Bitter
I don't think it's necessarily true. Milds are usually maltier and sweeter, with more caramel sweetness than bitters. Milds use less hops to accentuate the sweetness and most have a touch of roasty character.

The Boddingtons sound good but I'm not ready to go AG yet. My wife would kill me if I asked for more money for my obsession I mean hobby right now. I'm still looking for a extract Bitter recipe. So far I've found 2 that look interesting.

When I saw the thread, I thought it was a Boston Area get together. How great a name would that be? MASS Consumption, like Massachussettes Consumption. You get it.

I was thinking more along the lines of SNL Cone Heads. But now I'm showing my age. By the way I am in the Bay State.

Back