Apple Beer recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alemonkey

Reaction score
I did a search to see if anyone has tried this, but all it brought back was page after page of the Apfelwein thread....

I'm thinking of making an apple beer - I'm thinking for a 6 gallon batch I'll get about 4 gallons of wort at 1.070 or so, and then add 2 gallons of apple juice in the fermenter. That should get me an OG of about 1.060.

Here's what I'm thinking:
10.5 lbs 2 row pale (should get me about 4 gallons @ 1.070 at 75% efficiency)
2 gallons apple juice added in fermenter

Hops???? Thinking of using some Nugget and Cascade because I have a ton of them on hand, and they went together really well in my pale. Probably will shoot for 40-50 IBU without much aroma.

Comments? I think I'll start by mixing my pale 2:1 with Apfelwein and see how that tastes.

Personally I do not want cider-like flavors in my beer.

I like pale ales. I like cider and EdWort's Apfelwein. I could not drink them together, one after another? Probably. Together? Nope.

Maybe others can offer more help, consider this a bump.

Let me put it this way, cider & ale mixed is vile. Trying the mix first is a good way to avoid having 5 gallons of vomit.

[Your taste buds may vary]

Back