Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In college we would have penny nights where we would go around campus and ask people for their pennies. Any excuse would do but the fave was "it's so-n-so's birthday". Then we rolled them and bought as much bargain barrel beer that the stores had. Goebel/Black Label/Olympia were some of the worst ones! But, since my beer IQ was raised and I started brewing, I must say the WORST of the worst was LienenKuegal (is that spelled right?) Lemon flavored beer- :confused:.

... sorry, I threw up a little in my mouth remembering that stinker!

I would have to say Sam Adams cherry wheat. I can suffer through a pint of almost any bad beer. But this was one I couldn't drink more than two sips of. It's udderly disgusting. I think it was the only beer I have sent back.

Clearly, there are many people here who are too young to have sampled Wiedemann's.

My college day Ol' Faithful. :rockin: We would buy something premium, well as premium we could afford, and finish up with Wiede pops. Wow that brings back some memories..........of the squirts the next day...........:tank:
As for the worst beer, I would have to say the old Falls City.

312 Wheat. Of all the culinary aboninations from Chicago, this one takes the lavender chocolate cupcake

I would have to say Sam Adams cherry wheat. I can suffer through a pint of almost any bad beer. But this was one I couldn't drink more than two sips of. It's udderly disgusting. I think it was the only beer I have sent back.

Gotta agree with you on this one. It's among the worst for me. Actually put me off to most of the Sam Adams brews until recently.

Lost Coast Great White. Day glo yellow color, no wheat taste at all. It's flavored with herbs but does not specify which herbs. Maybe sh*t herb? Poured out the whole 22 oz bottle.

Keystone Ice. Headache in a can. I drank one and though it tasted horrid, then being the rocket genius that I am, I drank another one. I had a splitting headache all day after that.

OK, so you know how Bud has Natty, Coors has Keystone, and Miller has Beast as their "cheap" beers? Well, Pittsburgh Brewing Company, the folks that brew much-maligned-in-this-thread Iron City and IC Light, used to sell something called "American Light." It cost along the lines of $10 for a 24 and it was awful. Like a frat party in a can.

Tried Royal Grolsch Holland Premium lager one time when it was on a supermarket special. No more, maybe not undrinkable, but it's nearest neighbor. Same-O for Molsen Lager — way too skunky for me, but it's possible that it had set on the shelf too long under fluorescent lighting, I hate green-tinted bottles.

+1 to that. A friend gave me a bottle of Magic Hat Howl. I really hated it. Then again I'm not much on schwarzbier.

Agreed...Howl one of the worst beers ever. Still have 3 in my cooler to give to Magic Hat "fanboys". I always come across one or 2.

Odd, cuz I find both of those beers to be miles better than your standard BMC. Especially Blue.

both of them give me the worst after taste, and the worst head aches... i try and stay away from them. i bought a genny cream ale not to long ago, and i dumped half of it after struggling to get half of it down...

Duchesse De Bourgogne, tasted like pure vinagre. May have been a bad bottle, I've been to get another one to see but can't bring myself to get another one.

Back when I was a comm guy my squadron spent a month in Thailand. One night we bought a sixer of beer from a street vendor called "7 sexy leos". It was by far the worst beer I had ever had in my life. Then again what could I have expected for the 50 cents or so we paid for the six pack.

The only time in my life I ever returned a six pack to the store... DFH chicory stout. I loved that stuff in college and got some a few years ago that must have been a bad batch. The store was very accommodating, I went with the DFH Indian brown ale.

Cantina.....puke

imgres

Kum on you are messing with us??? I wish National Lampoon was still in production, they would have printed that for sure.

No, unfortunately the Kum & Go Store is real: http://www.kumandgo.com/

Now to register my vote for most disgusting beer, and I have had several, it would have to be a case of Rhinelander I got in college about 25 years ago.

A case of long neck returnables was $3.99, and I actually took 18 back and dared the poor guy running the counter to drink one. He declined, and traded me even for a case of Sterling.

I've always liked Dixie (regular and Voodoo!) and Lonestar. Maybe it's the redneck in me. Worst beer has to be Landshark. Even ice cold it makes me want to quit drinking entirely. Expensive too! Worst memory was the sip of Schlitz in a tallboy can taken without permission from the family fridge when I was a lad. One sip and I threw the can out. Could have soured me forever on beer, thank goodness it didn't!

Here's the picture, it's HOT, jungle hot, and you just got done working 8 hours in it. You get to your vehicle and a co-worker offers you a beer out of a small cooler from the trunk of his car. Like I said it's HOT so the ice in the cooler is gone and the beer is approaching "cool" at best. It's Milwakee's Best, bad at 32 so you can get where this story is going. My vote is the "Beast". Beers from the past that come to mind, Gunther, Old Bohemian, and Fort Schyler. Mid 70's, less than a buck a sixer and awful. You could drink legally at 18 then, so what did we know?

Drewry's. I drank it in college because it was about $7 a case if you returned the bottles. It was foul. I remember sediment in the bottom of the bottles. Not yeast, something gritty. Bleah.
Drewrys-Beer-Bottles-Paper-Label-G-Heileman-Brewing-Company_56833-1.jpg

Drewry's. I drank it in college because it was about $7 a case if you returned the bottles. It was foul. I remember sediment in the bottom of the bottles. Not yeast, something gritty. Bleah.
Drewrys-Beer-Bottles-Paper-Label-G-Heileman-Brewing-Company_56833-1.jpg

But it's "brewed with sparkling pure water":cross:

Milwaukee's Best Light. The Beast. I drank tons of this stuff and it always made me puke. I found out it wasn't because I couldn't hold it. Just switching to Bud Light stopped the puking.

Schlitz, Milwaukees best, and hands down the worst s*** I ever drank with the worst hangover is STEEL RESERVE. The berry beers all suck too, Leinies etc...

Back