'Til Death Do Us Part Oatmeal Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayrton

Reaction score
It was our first stout that SWMBO and I made after being married (we love stouts):

tddup.jpg

Sorry if it's a bit big; I do it that way so it looks even better when it's downsized.

looks good. I'd have to say that everything is a little out of contrast with the church though. I'm no graphics guru but maybe you could try to match up the border, banner and cherubs with the church? fading? greyscale?

Just my .02

Unless you are going to hand cut each oval and the oats, I suggest that you border the oval with a rectangular border with a little color. You then may or may not want to extend that color to the background to the oval background or experiment with more color. Otherwise there's going to be alot of white.

This may also soften up the contrast that BootYtRappeR alluded to.

I'm a big fan of objects extending beyond the oval like the oats and the steeple. Why not do the same with the cherubed banner?

All of the elements that you have are good. Just try a little remix.

Nah, just the Cutout filter in Photoshop.

Thanks for the input, guys! I'll mess around with it some more.

jackmaxcy said:
Dumb question. What does SWMBO mean? Great label.

i'm a newcomer here still, but this was one of my first questions as well.
She Who Must Be Obeyed...meaning 'wife' apparently. guess i'll understand when i'm married :p

Back