Sunoco, fill tank get free growler fill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flipfloptan

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I don't know if SC is a test market but our Sunoco's have jumped onto the craft brew. They now have Growler stations.

To my suprise yesterday I went to a Sunoco to fill my car up and the special of the week was fill your car up with gas get a free growler pour.

I didn't have an empty growler in my car but Sunoco growlers are only 3.49.

I left with 2.99/gallon gas and a full growler of Oskar's scotch ale.

I asked the lady if this is every week and she said no it changes but this deal comes around every 3-5 weeks. You can call us on Monday's to see what the deal of the week is.

The growler deal was fill your car up on Mon or Tuesday from 4-7pm for a free growler pour.

Sunoco you have my business.

Do Sunoco stations have beer on tap? I've never seen this before at any gas station, but that's an awesome deal.

Wish PA was a cooler state....only cases of beer @ distributors or over prices 6-packs @ bars.

Wish PA was a cooler state....only cases of beer @ distributors or over prices 6-packs @ bars.

Stupid Puritans! At least there's some places getting by with a loophole...you can buy individuals, sixpacks, etc. at some grocery stores now - Wegman's, Whole Foods, etc. Only grocery stores that sell food can do this. They limit you to 192oz per transaction.

I would love to have that growler deal!

Stupid Puritans! At least there's some places getting by with a loophole...you can buy individuals, sixpacks, etc. at some grocery stores now - Wegman's, Whole Foods, etc. Only grocery stores that sell food can do this. They limit you to 192oz per transaction.

I would love to have that growler deal!

as opposed to grocery stores that don't sell food? :)

my local giant just started selling beer. it's pretty nice.

if that happened in california, millions of children and kittens would be killed immediately in some sort of freedom rapture.

well, at least that's what we're usually told.

I live in CT where gas has just gotten south of $3.50. You guys are making me cry. Quick - a home brew....Mike

They need to bring this to Columbia. I have a Sunoco right by the house and would def. buy gas there for free beer!

what beers do they have on tap at sunoco? i always stop for a coffee cup to hide my roadie in- sure would be nice to get a top off.

I wish the Sunoco's down here were doin this. That's it, I'm gonna send some emails and see why not. The Sunoco growler idea actually started in Buffalo. Anybody up there tried it out?

One of the Sunoco's here in Ithaca (central NY) has a growler filling station (see what i did there?). Dont know if they ever have special deals Technically, "free" beer promotions are supposed to be illegal in NY. Nonetheless, many breweries have growler clubs (buy 10 fills, get 1 for a "penny" aka free).

Ive also seen a Sunoco in Albany NY, near the University at Albany campus, with a growler station. Students can stumble accross the road and fill-up.

64oz growlers are illegal here in Florida. Need to be 32oz or 1 gallon... So dumb

Yeah just like commercial brews down here aren't sold as 40's or 22's. They only come in 32 and something like 20 I think. How this makes any sense I don't know. Maybe regulating out those extra 2oz of a 22 saves a baby seal somewhere.

I have always wondered on the legality of having a growler in the car under the open container laws. It is closed but of course easily opened. Not sure what would happen if Barney Fife stopped you and saw it sitting on the seat.

I have always wondered on the legality of having a growler in the car under the open container laws. It is closed but of course easily opened. Not sure what would happen if Barney Fife stopped you and saw it sitting on the seat.

Having lived in MD for most of my life with no growler fills, I didn't get it either.
Now I live in PA, where growlers abound, and I've still never bothered.
I imagine that they put on some little tamper-evident seal to show if it's been opened in the vehicle.

You lucky Buggers! I just put $85 dollars in the tank of my GMC-Sierra. For a free growler of SAB I'd be not quite so anxious about it...maybe happy about it.

Do Sunoco stations have beer on tap? I've never seen this before at any gas station, but that's an awesome deal.

They do, and they even have some local stuff on tap. I was blown away the first time I walked into the shop and saw the taps on the wall.

finally, something good in the south

Let us know when there's something good in the north.

They started this in NY(I don't know what part of the state) but it was meant with all sorts of anti DWI complaints. I guess it is much easier to twist off a growler top than the top to a 12 oz. bud light and drink it.

Back