nees some electrical help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kosmokramer

Reaction score
I was attempting to do the 15girls dollar solderless stirplate from thissiteand iscrewd it up and smoked the potentiometer. Went to radioshack and bought anther but this has one is differant. Can someboy help me wire it up. The new one is on/off as wll sothere is 3extraa terminals. How do i wire this all together!

"Pots" with an on-off function usually have the latter on the bottom of the cylindrical body while the usual 3 pin variable resistor function is along the side in the usual place. If you don't need the on-off function, just use the three resistor terminals...

Cheers!

I just stumbled my way onto that. Looking for my multimeter to confirm right now. I dont need the on off but it wouldnt hurt. How do i hook it all up?

I just stumbled my way onto that. Looking for my multimeter to confirm right now. I dont need the on off but it wouldnt hurt. How do i hook it all up?

If you're running the fan power source through the pot, just insert the switch function in series. Ie: take the power lead to one of the switch pole connections, then wire from the other switch pole to one end of the pot, then hook the fan to the pot wiper connection. With the ohmmeter you can verify everything before you solder the connections tight...

Cheers!

Mpi hate to show my ignorance but i have idea what im doing now...i can take a pic and send it but i am at the point where i kinda need step by step directions...... sorry, one to many home brews..lol

Back