Plasma TV with blue spots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellynm

Reaction score
I have a 42" Philips plasma tv for 4 years now and ever since the first day out of the box, there have been areas on the screen that are very bright blue when any sort of white color is suppossed to be displayed. While at wally world, I was checking out new tv's and was almost ready to plop down a grand to replace the pos plasma I currently have. Held off and later that night decided to see if anyone else has had this problem with the Philips plasmas. After an hour or diving thru multlple forums, I finally found that someone had the same problems that I was experiencing and was able to fix the tv without too much techno babble. Turns out there are adjustable voltages on one of the tv boards. The factory has them set too high. After a small tweak, I turned the plasma on....

The thing is like brand new!!! No spots!!! My wife thinks I am a freakin genius!

Anyway... if anyone out there in HBT land has a Philips plasma that has blue spots, don't get pissed at it anymore. It's so simple to fix!!!

KC :)

Back