Mmmmm....Pumpkin Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kungpaodog

Reaction score
My Red pumpkin ale is starting to be consumed, and it is pretty tasty! I used only a half can of pumpkin puree and a bit of the spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, ground cloves, allspice) and there really isn't any pumpkin flavor to speak of, but it is a nice clear crisp red ale with a bit of spice to it. My good friend who doesn't really like red ales said he really liked it with the slightly spicy aftertaste. I'd be stoked if I paid $0.75 for a pint of this anywhere!

I added the spices and pumpkin into the boil. I figured this would be the easiest to reproduce if I like the results. Maybe next year I'll try it with a bit more pumpkin, but as is it's pretty good!

I added my spices with 10 minutes left in the boil.

I'm making a Pumpkin porter right now, about to bottle it. I boiled my pumpkin pre-mash and mixed some spices in, threw that into the mash with the water I used to boil with and threw in a bit of the spices at the end of the main boil.

So far it tastes great and both the spices and pumpkin can be tasted while still being balanced in the beer overall. I'm excited...my first partial grain beer!

Back