Bars to visit mobile alabama

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrodskreet

Reaction score
So what good bars are there to visit in mobile. Looking for something laid back with a good selection of beers

I'll be watching this thread, I'm headed there for Thanksgiving. My parents have an excellent beer store across the street so we never hit the bars, but my kids do so I'll ask them.

Bars? No.
But if you can handle a meh beer selection, The Original Oyster House is not to be missed. IMO, they make the best gumbo.

Try the following:
OK Bicycle Shop, they have a decent beer selection.
The Deck also has a decent beer selection.
Callahan's beer selection is not as good, but it's a Mobile institution that should not be missed.
Agree with the Oyster House on the gumbo, apart from home made it's one of the best.

Thanks guys. this helps alot. I did a quick google search and that was not much help at all.

Next to the Blue Gill, I knew the name was familiar. My BIL's band plays at the Blue Gill, but I've never been impressed with their food or their beer choices.

Next to the Blue Gill, I knew the name was familiar. My BIL's band plays at the Blue Gill, but I've never been impressed with their food or their beer choices.

There are a bunch of them on the Causeway(I drive it every day to and from work). Happy Jacks, R+R Sea Food, Felix's, Ed's Shed, Blue Gill, Original Oyster House, and a couple of dive bars.

IMO, Oyster house is the best food by far. Decent prices and big portions. The last time I was there, their beer choices were limited, though. They may have some bottled beer, but I think their best draft option was Yeungling.

Good Selection:
OK Bicycle Shop - Dauphin near Washington
Mellow Mushroom - Airport Blvd. at the Loop
The Bar - St. Francis at Clairborne

Fairhope Brewing Company is opening soon so if you have time to drive 30 minutes, give them a shot.

Back