Seriously?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been in this biz for 14 years myself and have only seen this happen once. Amazingly on that occasion, the glass remained in tact. I would certainly classify this in the "uncommon" category.
Most of the world believes in a god they have never seen.

I had this happen when I was waiting tables at a steakhouse once. We used to chill our mugs after they came right out of the dish tank, so there was massive thermal stress on them. I ended up with one having the bottom just fall right off while I was approaching the table. No cracking sound, nothing, just popped off.

I'm gonna need that recipe for the brew...

...apparantly it's THAT good.

You were first....I missed it.

:eek:Musta been one HELL of a HOMEBREW!!!!!!!:drunk:

I got it a little better, sorry I missed your post the 1st time.

That is one powerful beer!

Waaaaaaaaay late hit.

Those darn high gravity brews! ;)

I KNOW! (Like right?;))

That happens all the time with... Chuck Norris' beer! Sorry, I had to say it....

Walker, Texas Ale. or ********* Brew

And those that say they have seen God are called liars or story tellers. See what I just did there?

Way to reach for the low hanging fruit. That is kind of my point in reverse.

Simply stating the opposite of what someone said does not negate it.
I don't have pictures and I don't remember how often I have seen a glass crack in half for no reason, but it was often enough for my first reponse to the picture to be "Yeah, and?"

I've been in this biz for 14 years myself and have only seen this happen once. Amazingly on that occasion, the glass remained in tact. I would certainly classify this in the "uncommon" category.

Now I know this is not the case for the OP, but I used to bar tend and something like this happened to another bartender. We were at the same bar and he had run out of margarita glasses, so he pulled one out of the drying rack. The glass was still hot, so as soon as he poured his drink it shattered like an explosion.

Anyways to OP, at least it didn't shatter.

Back