Dunkleweizzen Problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveooph131

Reaction score
It started out pretty good in the keg, however, it now taste watery too me and my friend. Not bad, just not as good...It's been in the keg about 1 month? What gives?

Recipe? Also the fermentation temps/process, and a rundown of your brew-day might help some of the wise-men/women on this site to give you some clues.

Might be that it's taken in more co2 over the month and making it appear dryer/ more watery than before.

Might be that it's taken in more co2 over the month and making it appear dryer/ more watery than before.

Hmmmm, I was thinking under carbed, but that actually makes sense.

I do PM's. This is the recipe as I can remember:

5# Red Wheat
1# Munich
.25# Special B
WLP300 Yeast

3# Wheat DME

I mashed at 152F for an hour. finished gravity at around 1.050. FG was 1.013.

Do you do a full boil or not? Did you end up with eactly 5 gallons or no? Before I had markings on my carboy, I over topped a couple beers which made a big difference. A half gallon extra water does a lot more that I thought to the overall flavor.

Do you do a full boil or not? Did you end up with eactly 5 gallons or no? Before I had markings on my carboy, I over topped a couple beers which made a big difference. A half gallon extra water does a lot more that I thought to the overall flavor.

I don't have markings, but I use bottled water which makes it really easy and precise to messure how much you're putting in. The weird thing is it started great, but then got watery tasting the last few weeks.

Back