What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even you guys will think I'm weird: hopped vodka.

I got some fresh hops today and they gave me a mosaic bud while they were packaging the others. I put it in some water and after a few hours i poured the liquid into a beer (amazing flavor!). Then i filled a shot glass with vodka and am sipping that now. Great taste.

Apparantly so. Hard tea again.

ForumRunner_20130921_023909.jpg

NIZZLE said:
I knew you would be the first to chime in don't get me wrong it is good but I would like to try it fresh as this one is old so no need to bad mouth my pbr sir. In other news Isn't that cute defending a homer beer :eek:
Now now. I wasn't defending the beer, I think it does a fine job on its own. You asked a question and I was giving my answer. I was just trying to help a fellow homer out :)
TNGabe said:
Some of us have to get up early on Saturday. :D
430am comes fast. So I hear you there!

To do what!?!? U off to farmers market?

Yeah, baking some croissants and then headed that way. Chance of rain is up to 100%, which is usually a good sign the mountain are going to push the storm around us. I haven't baked this well all summer, so I'm expecting to get poured on. Had to bust out the good pop-up. :D

Now now. I wasn't defending the beer, I think it does a fine job on its own. You asked a question and I was giving my answer. I was just trying to help a fellow homer out :)

430am comes fast. So I hear you there!

I agree on the Heady. Though I personally dont have it my #1 there was a significant difference from the one I drank right away and the one I saved for my bday a few months later. It lives up to the hype. And is my #2 fave nothin really comes close to moving it from that spot either

Yeah, baking some croissants and then headed that way. Chance of rain is up to 100%, which is usually a good sign the mountain are going to push the storm around us. I haven't baked this well all summer, so I'm expecting to get poured on. Had to bust out the good pop-up. :D

Croissants!?!?! Damn you. Take so long to make. Btw if you need a exec chef for your place <<---- this guy right here ;D

Croissants!?!?! Damn you. Take so long to make. Btw if you need a exec chef for your place <<---- this guy right here ;D

image-93662946.jpg

Ha, taught myself how to make them watching a French YouTube video.

Foodwise for the nano plan is to stick to stuff we can do with an agg department inspection instead of health dept. Charcuterie, cheese, and pickles. That's all I want when I'm drinking anyway. :)

Fiancees Raspberry Hibiscus Hard Tea. This growler wasnt stablized and as a result is now carbed. I think Ill carb it all next batch

ForumRunner_20130921_062843.jpg

Ha, taught myself how to make them watching a French YouTube video.

Foodwise for the nano plan is to stick to stuff we can do with an agg department inspection instead of health dept. Charcuterie, cheese, and pickles. That's all I want when I'm drinking anyway. :)

Thats what Kuhnhenn does. They have some very choice individually wrapped meats and cheeses. The Spanish chorizo we had was amazing.

Thats what Kuhnhenn does. They have some very choice individually wrapped meats and cheeses. The Spanish chorizo we had was amazing.

Yeah, seems the easiest route. The last thing I want is to own a dang restaurant. That would rob me of my will to live pretty quickly. Thankfully, doing the farm stuff to the point of exhausation and beyond the two years before this one gives me better perspective on what's actually feasible. I'm sure the first 6 months we're open, people will be asking why I don't have my bread there, but it will be much more tolerable than having bread and never sleeping.

Yeah, seems the easiest route. The last thing I want is to own a dang restaurant. That would rob me of my will to live pretty quickly. Thankfully, doing the farm stuff to the point of exhausation and beyond the two years before this one gives me better perspective on what's actually feasible. I'm sure the first 6 months we're open, people will be asking why I don't have my bread there, but it will be much more tolerable than having bread and never sleeping.

Yeah Ive opened about 20 restaurants and especialy opening your gonna be living there anyway for at least 6 months. You def wanna save that stuff till you are able to hire a few more

On the coff. Trying to wake up. Waking at 6AM on a Saturday just because I'm still trying to keep the same hours as the rest of the guys. All so I can sit at my laptop all day. Fook me. This suuucks.

On the coff. Trying to wake up. Waking at 6AM on a Saturday just because I'm still trying to keep the same hours as the rest of the guys. All so I can sit at my laptop all day. Fook me. This suuucks.

All this time are you not gettin paid because you cant get in?

Spring water on a nice cool,rainy morning. Roses needed it. And since weather will be in the 60's the next few days,the fermenters will cool down a bit. Fixed/cleaned my son's IAC yeasterday. got his celi GTS runnin good again...gotta do that lil job on my Probe SE as well. Been splittin time on 3 forums between y'all & the 2 cars. Did two beers & fixed 1 of 2 cars this week. And PB/PM BIAB too...not bad for an old man.

I can get you some whataburger ketchup too. Traveling to Austin on a weekly basis these days.

Oh yeah? My company is in Dallas. I'm sure I'll be there eventually again but if not, I may take you up on your offer. :)

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
On hard tea, been up since yesterday:fro:

Seems like an excellent time to review my trade offer. :)

Tea and water here. Watching the rain come in.

Speaking of which, NIZ, how was the Gudenhoppy? I didn't realize it when I bought it. I thought I grabbed a headhunter.

Is was not good at all I wish it would of been headhunter oh well when I send you more resin maybe you can send some ;-)

All this time are you not gettin paid because you cant get in?

Oh I'm still getting paid. Just working on the laptop from the apt. Still only salary pay with no OT. I've been putting in as close to 12 hour days as I can so I feel like I'm still contributing as much as the guys doing the hard labor. I know it doesn't really even out, but it helps me feel less guilty even though I have nothing to feel guilty about.

Still more Proper English! Weighing options for vacay. Up to Traverse to hit JP, North Peak and Right Brain. Or to Grand Rapids for Vivant, Founders, Mitten Brew and Perrin?

ForumRunner_20130921_094531.jpg

Is was not good at all I wish it would of been headhunter oh well when I send you more resin maybe you can send some ;-)

Yeah, that was my bad. I probably shouldn't have even included it once I realized my error, but I figured I'd use you as a guinea pig! I'll hook you up with some headhunter for some more resin for sure. :mug:

Back