First AG under my belt!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky Dog Brewing

Reaction score
Well I did it, finally got my first all grain under my belt. :rockin: It went very well. I t better have, I played it through my head about 7 million times since I decided to go with it.

I learned alot though going through the process. I missed my mash temp by a couple degrees, but I know why, so I didnt worry to much it still went great. I will just have to see how it comes out and make sure I get it next time through. I did find that I held my mash temp for 60 minutes and only dropped down 1 degree for the last 10 minutes so I was very happy to see that. So that should be good for consistency moving forward.

It was fun as hell and I can't wait to do my next. The best part was my brother is completely hooked I think. He always helped me do extract but he was in amazment at how cool and involved the process was and we enjoyed ourselves very much. So now I need to get him to buy the next batch of ingredients;) so we can do #2.

Just wanted say thanks to everyone here on HBT for all the great advice either directly or indirectly and all the videos and tutorials. This place is great and I plan on helping the more experience I get. So thanks again and Cheers:mug:

BMW-LDB

idkid said:
Congratulations! Welcome to the the addiction(s)! What part of Ohio are you from?

Thanks I'm in Fremont. Its NW Ohio near Toledo, Bowling Green, Port Clinton.

EDIT sorry dont know how I did that twice but oh well.

Several things make a lot more sense now with a little experience...don't they?

congratz!

Way to go! AG is really fun and, as you now know, much easier than advertised.

Was your mash on the low side of your target, or high? After a few batches, you'll start to dial in your system and will be able to hit your temps spot on.

My advice would be to take notes on each brew...it'll help you dial in and hit those temps.

blacklab said:
Way to go! AG is really fun and, as you now know, much easier than advertised.

Was your mash on the low side of your target, or high? After a few batches, you'll start to dial in your system and will be able to hit your temps spot on.

My advice would be to take notes on each brew...it'll help you dial in and hit those temps.

Yes it is alot easier than advertised, even though I missed my temp haha. I was a bit low and like you said after I get a couple I'll dial that in. I plan on it the very next one. I took notes and had a blast so next one is coming soon.

BMW-LDB

Back