Estop wiring help with contractor brewtroller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickflip_mj

Reaction score
This estop is pissing me off and I bought a contractor from ebrewsupply and can't figure how to wire it into my system. Can someone please help me figure this out? I basically need a dumby diagram. Anything would help. Thank you

image-4250439168.jpg

image-4265808293.jpg

Typically, that contactor would be used to cut power to the entire system which means it needs to be able to handle the entire load of the system. Are you sure that 25A is rated high enough to do so?

If you pass that test, I would hook it up as follows:
1. Use a common 120V neutral line.
2. Place the contactor inline between the "system power" indicator light and the control module.
3. Hook up your incoming 220V hot legs in line to that box on the far bottom right of your diagram.

*This assumes your estop button is NC and, is a twist style that remains open once pressed until twist reset.

My system is gas fired and runs on 110. It wont draw that many amps.

The estop switch should be in series with the contactor coil. If you have a control panel on/off switch it is also usually in series with the contactor coil. When the E-STOP AND the power switch are in the "ON" position the contactor will connect 110v (or 220v) power to the rest of your panel.

Are you using the brewtroller e stop panel? If so that contactor only needs to kill the gas valves. The e stop board kills the coil on that contactor and your valves the brewtroller will then pause and wait for a restart. It does not need to kill the whole panel or you will lose your place in the brew program. My system is electric so I use two of those contactors to kill the elements the top two terminals are the coil and the bottom four are two separate circuits I use for both lines on my elements. It works pretty good!

Are you using the brewtroller e stop panel? If so that contactor only needs to kill the gas valves. The e stop board kills the coil on that contactor and your valves the brewtroller will then pause and wait for a restart. It does not need to kill the whole panel or you will lose your place in the brew program. My system is electric so I use two of those contactors to kill the elements the top two terminals are the coil and the bottom four are two separate circuits I use for both lines on my elements. It works pretty good!

This is the correct plan.... Just kill the gas valves and the pumps but leave the other electronics powered up.

Finally got it working, I was only running 12v through it like an amateur. Thank you guys for all the help

Back