Mt Dew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to see something like this. Actually having a keg of this around would be a bad thing. I don't even buy cases anymore since I'd just drink it all in a few days.

I'd love a copy of this one too! I know they put OJ in it.. LOL But everything else is a guess.

One thing is for sure, if the generics (MT Lightening) can make up clones that are close to the flavor of MT Dew, we sure can... Just need to put our heads together.

Cheers,

Joe :mug:

I think the problem is going to be a lot of special oil and checmicals that we will need. Not just off the shelf grocery store items. This would make it really hard to just play around until we get it right. You would almost need a stocked lab to be able to do it.

What about it? You would still need a mt dew recipe but just use sugar or simple syrup instead of HFCS.

The brominated vegetable oil in Mt. Dew is to help keep oil-based (citrus, probably) flavors in suspension. You could perhaps use some other kind of emulsifier, but if there was something else that worked as well *and* was as cheap, the soda companies would be using it. Wikipedia says BVO is illegal to use in India, so perhaps find someone from there to read off the ingredients of locally-produced Mt. Dew (if there is such a thing).

this is kinda OT but a local grocery store had that mt dew Gamer stuff in the purple carton for 99 cents a 12 pack..even at that price I would't drink it...I don't care for them other wierd mt dew flavors...

this is kinda OT but a local grocery store had that mt dew Gamer stuff in the purple carton for 99 cents a 12 pack..even at that price I would't drink it...I don't care for them other wierd mt dew flavors...

i totally agree! i want plain Mt dew, not throwback, diet or that other weird crap they came up with !

just find a store that is willing to sell you a bag of post mix syrup! mix at a 1:6 ratio and carbonate. or like me send it thru your fountain gun:D

just find a store that is willing to sell you a bag of post mix syrup! mix at a 1:6 ratio and carbonate. or like me send it thru your fountain gun:D

I've thought about doing that but unless I ever get a wunderbar it is kind of pointless. I figured it out and you would still end up paying what would be roughly $.90 per 2 liter bottle. It wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Back