Creamy Head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I added some 0.75# Carapils to the grain bag of my last Pale to get some head and it worked really well. I've heard this is a good characteristic of the grain, while not imparting much color.

/me bites tongue must resist obvious sophmoric humor opportunity...must resist

SilvaRizla said:
I've heard that you can add something to help out in the head department, what is it you need to add?

Silva

You mean in the ingredient department? I use a touch of wheat malt or carapils (8oz). Otherwise, if you keg, use a nitro/CO2 mix. That will give you a head similar to guinness/boddingtons/Belhaven/etc.

brewhead said:
/me bites tongue must resist obvious sophmoric humor opportunity...must resist
I've heard a tongue ring adds to the experience......

I couldn't resist the sophmoric humor opportunity. They set it up, I knock it down.

SilvaRizla said:
I've heard that you can add something to help out in the head department, what is it you need to add?

Silva

Try throwing in a handful of flaked barley. Maybe 1/2 - 1 lb.

Kenmc - that wasn't what I was talking about but its a good find, probably more suited to myself so i'll go for that.

What I was talking about was some sort of grain or something that helps produce a decent head

Back