Use Hose Clamps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dovaka

Reaction score
i woke up this morning to find 15 gallons of hard root beer EVERYWHERE in my garage apparently the hose came off the tail piece of the tap from the sanke keg that i had it in. So all of it at 30psi went shooting straight up left a 3' circle on my 12' ceilings and covered everything within 15' of ground zero.
so even if it seems tight which it did for god sake use a 30 cent hose clamp on everything

IMG_5922.jpg

IMG_5923.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

I had that happen once when carbing by rocking the keg in my lap. Huge mess. I feel your pain. At least it was in the garage though.

luckily i have a hot water tap in the garage so i just got the hose and sprayed from the top down. All of it rinsed off except for the stuco walls which i think are going to need to be painted.

i woke up this morning to find 15 gallons of hard root beer EVERYWHERE in my garage apparently the hose came off the tail piece of the tap from the sanke keg that i had it in. So all of it at 30psi went shooting straight up left a 3' circle on my 12' ceilings and covered everything within 15' of ground zero.
so even if it seems tight which it did for god sake use a 30 cent hose clamp on everything

+1 A hose clamp is not the place to go cheap.
ps, nice car

its my 2nd owner 72 jaguar roadster E type and shes ok otherwise i wouldnt be in here on the computer

Yeah, I went back and looked at the pic of the car. I THOUGHT I saw a dent, but then I realized that you were only talking about the mess that was made and nothing else. Glad this happened in the garage and the car is ok.

Aww not the Jag.

I'm gonna buy a bunch right now. Just out of curiosity, doesn't soda use a much higher level of pressure?

I thought that was an E-Type, but with the wheel on the wrong side, and not quite a good shot of it i was not sure.

Still it looks great. :D the car, not the spilt soda.

Back