Delirium tremens paint?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael_mus

Reaction score
Search is failing me, does anyone know anything about the paint process/type used on the Delirium Tremens bottles?

Purely speculation but probably screen printed which would be cost prohibitive for most. They do however make spray paint for glass.

Purely speculation but probably screen printed which would be cost prohibitive for most. They do however make spray paint for glass.

Thanks, figured I'd ask - there's some brilliance here that you really can't get easily with google.

I'll experiment with a couple paints and see what happens.

The bottles are ceramic, not sure how they do the speckle, but it's probably embedded in the ceramic IMO.

The bottles are ceramic, not sure how they do the speckle, but it's probably embedded in the ceramic IMO.

Actually they are brown glass then painted. If you remove all of the foil on the top you can see the glass. I was also trying to Google something called ACL or applied color labeling, but no good results yet.

Actually they are brown glass then painted. If you remove all of the foil on the top you can see the glass. I was also trying to Google something called ACL or applied color labeling, but no good results yet.

Agreed. I just bought a case of the Delirium in big belgians from Costco (on the cheap! by the way) and was day dreaming of a case of 12oz's of my brew with a paint job too.

Back