beer kit additives

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary1966

Reaction score
Brewing from beer kits. Are there any way to add ingredients to make them better. I here some people only make 30 pints instead of 40 to improve them. Im Going to do a woodfords admiral reserve next. Maybe I don't need to change anything

Maybe you don't need to change anything. Some people only end up with 30 pints instead of 40. Most reputable kits are designed to turn out a good beer. If you want a different beer, try a different kit.

If you are going to start adding things onto a kit, maybe you need to stop brewing from kits and start brewing your own recipes.

Tweaking kits is a great way to learn some good techniques if you ever transition to partial or all grain. Altering volume, dry hopping and most importantly switching out the yeast can drastically change the style of the beer. Keep in my fermentation temperatures as well. I'm not familiar with the kit but perhaps someone else can chime in with particular suggestions for it.

Back