Found beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody that knows me knows that I'm pretty, um, well, organized. (Bob says "anal"). I know where everything I own is, and it's all in its place. I hate clutter, and my desk looks like no one uses it.

I knew I had some empty kegs in the kegerator, but never pulled them out because I didn't have time to clean them. So I'm down to one open tap, since my friends kicked the IPA keg on Wednesday. Anyway, I pulled out the empty kegs, and went to move the full (stout) kegs.

I'll be darned! There's a keg that isn't empty!!!!!!!! It's an IPA, labelled with the name. It's not old, but now I remember jumping a portion of it to a new keg to take to my friend's camp on October 15. I must have just not put it back on tap, and assumed it was empty.

This is the first time ever that I have "Found Beer"! I've heard that others have done that, but it's pretty hard to believe. But yes, now I will be having "Found Beer" during the Packer game.

Life is good when you're so simple. :D

I've "found" beer I thought I was out of. Mostly it's due to lack of organization. I didn't label it. Forgot it was where it was. Put more in my special aged reserve stash than I thought.

I was beach camping in South East Alaska and a super high tide floated off an Action packer of my stuff during the night. The next day some friends went out in a boat, and not only did they find the Action Packer, but they found a case of Ranier (not ours) floating next to it. So not a partial keg of home brew, but still tasty on the beach.

We were at a festival last night and the whole night there was a unopened can of bud light sitting right next to me for a couple of hours unclaimed. I know what your thinking he drank it! And I would have too as abandoned beer has salvage rights. But I hate bud light. Finally a guy sat down beside us and after 20 minutes figured it out and drank it. Nothing like a hot nasty bud light when your drunk. LOL

I sometimes forget I have beer brewed that is still in the fermenter.

I'm pretty sure I have some BGSA in a box in my room, but that's not forgotten, it's just taking a long time to drink.

Back