The Wiki.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you use the Wiki

• I don't bother with it

• I didn't realise we had one

• It's rubbish

• It's okay

• It's great

• I use it for reference

• I keep an eye on it

• I have added to it

• I rectify mistakes

• I've never edited it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think it's great! To those who keep it current, keep up the good work!

And I'd vote option #4:
4. I think more n00bs should read it. :)

Its nice and all, but I can never seem to find the info. im looking for on their and I know its on their.

orfy said:
What are your thoughts.

1. It's realy getting there
2. Chapka is a machine.
3. Still losts of stubs.
I totally agree (especially about Chapka!). I pitch in when I can and rather than writing up my kegerator conversion as a forum post I did it as a wiki article. I haven't had time to do much else with it. :(

The stubs are definitely a major issue. If we could get everyone to pitch in and fill in just one each we'd get rid of them all pretty much immediately though. In fact I think I'll make some time tonight and do a couple.

For those who have trouble finding information, maybe you could provide information on how you're looking (poking around, searching, trying random page names, etc.)? Maybe we need to re-organize the information to make it easier to find.

the_bird said:
I've never really spent any time on or in the wiki, which I feel guilty about.

Does it need some sort of post count to turn your crank?

If nothing else we should be pointing newbs to the answers there instead reformulating them here.

bradsul said:
For those who have trouble finding information, maybe you could provide information on how you're looking (poking around, searching, trying random page names, etc.)? Maybe we need to re-organize the information to make it easier to find.

Mostly just clicking around, honestly I have not spent much time on their, mainly because I can search here and find the anwser quicker.

I sometimes go there if I am looking for some random information. I really should add to it more than I do.

I don't check it out too often, but when I'm looking for specific information I think it's easier to find in the wiki than by sifting through search results on the forum.

I think there was a lot of activity when it first started and since then meaningful edits have really slowed down. Maybe we should have another "contribute to the wiki" drive. A lot has changed since it was first launched and there is still much work to be done.

I've looked at it a couple of times - mainly when someone posts a link to it from a regular thread. So, I voted that I don't bother with it and that I've never edited it.

I suppose I should, I just don't

Back