Neighbors and Landlord

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fletch78

Reaction score
Kiss my Ass.

I had the decency to take the gold top off, and not throw the flag that came with the Harbor Freight flagpole into the garbage. I love America.

This is a second year cascade, getting obnoxious.

The little buddy is a second year nugget.

That's right, $35 flagpole from Harbor Freight.

flagpole_1.jpg

flagpole_2.jpg

flagpole_3.jpg

flagpole_4.jpg

Remove a couple of the shoots, so the plant can focus all of it's energy on a couple of the more vigorous shoots. 3-5 Shoots per rhizome should be good. Also, it will allow the underground rhizome system to grow so maybe next year you'll have another set of shoots a foot or so from the initial rhizome you planted. Good luck and thats a pretty rad set up. You should set more wires up and grow a circus tent of hop bines surrounding the pole! And yeah, raise that flag!

I trained the biggest bine up, hard to see. I'm getting tent stakes from walmart (more chinese stuff) to do the other two biggest bines, and also provide some half-assed support for the flagpole. There will be 3 bines with twine holding down that side, then when the nugget is ready, same setup on the other side, to help hold it in place during the wind gusts of our frequent summertime microburst thunderstorms we get here in the South.

The reason I didn't raise the flag is because my next-door neighbor is an elderly vet, and he puts his flag out and takes it down every day, and I don't want to half ass it. There are rules to flying a flag. My wife and I discussed it, and since we can't necessarily commit to the daily rules, we won't do it at all. I'm not flying the flag from this pole because I love America.

The reason I didn't raise the flag is because my next-door neighbor is an elderly vet, and he puts his flag out and takes it down every day, and I don't want to half ass it. There are rules to flying a flag. My wife and I discussed it, and since we can't necessarily commit to the daily rules, we won't do it at all. I'm not flying the flag from this pole because I love America.

Put a light on it and you can leave it out at night and in inclimate weather. You're front porch is a fine place for a flag too.

Back