IPA Gone......:(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billdog

Reaction score
I'm sad cause I just finished my IPA.....

I have a pale ale and a cream ale going, but it will be at least two weeks till I can drink either.

Lusky I still have my Mead :mug:

+1 to the pipeline. Morebeer offers free shipping on orders over $60 I think, and they're prices are reasonable. Just buy one yeast, and plan beers around reusing that one yeast if money is the issue. You can brew every 2-3 weeks doing this, and have 30 gallons of homebrew stockpiled in no time.

THANK GOD this ended the way it did, I was hoping nothing was poured down the drain.

On the topic...I have a High Gravity Bourbon Barrel Bottle Aging, my Breakfast Porter in bottles ready to drink, my IPA will be bottled tomorrow, and a hard cider to bottle next week.

Once I get my MLT built I'll be doing another Brown ale. Should be set for a while.

Clementine said:
P.S. I think I need a tip jar

Don't do it!

I hate to bring this up in a thread that was moving along just fine until now, but it has to be done...

First of all, it's illegal, despite what any of HBT's resident armchair lawyers will often wrongly assert. and there is not a single legal loophole or trick that allows you to get around this. It is what it is... no matter how you try and slice it, it's illegal, period.

However, simply being illegal isn't enough to deter some people. Including myself, as a matter of fact. But I still would NEVER put out a tip jar. Why? Because it's unbelievably tacky. Only somebody with absolutely no class whatsoever could do such a thing. Could you imagine if it were anything other than homebrew? Say we were avid bakers instead - it'd be totally tasteless and sleazy if you had people over for dinner and, when bringing out the pies, you put out a tip jar as well. It's totally unthinkable to me. There'sno good reason for homebrew to be any different.

If you want to share your homebrew, then just do it in a way that's both legal and shows a bit of class. There's no need to cheapen the experience and the act of sharing for the sake of a couple bucks. And in the end, you will likely be rewarded even better for your total generosity, both personally, and through the appreciation and generosity in kind from others.

emjay said:
Don't do it!

I hate to bring this up in a thread that was moving along just fine until now, but it has to be done...

First of all, it's illegal, despite what any of HBT's resident armchair lawyers will often wrongly assert. and there is not a single legal loophole or trick that allows you to get around this. It is what it is... no matter how you try and slice it, it's illegal, period.

However, simply being illegal isn't enough to deter some people. Including myself, as a matter of fact. But I still would NEVER put out a tip jar. Why? Because it's unbelievably tacky. Only somebody with absolutely no class whatsoever could do such a thing. Could you imagine if it were anything other than homebrew? Say we were avid bakers instead - it'd be totally tasteless and sleazy if you had people over for dinner and, when bringing out the pies, you put out a tip jar as well. It's totally unthinkable to me. There'sno good reason for homebrew to be any different.

If you want to share your homebrew, then just do it in a way that's both legal and shows a bit of class. There's no need to cheapen the experience and the act of sharing for the sake of a couple bucks. And in the end, you will likely be rewarded even better for your total generosity, both personally, and through the appreciation and generosity in kind from others.

I think it was a joke.

mrduna01 said:
I think it was a joke.

Maybe, maybe not. A fair amount of people on this board actually do it for real, and the lack of any smileys or even the smallest indication of it possibly being a joke make me assume it's serious.

No problem with considering it though, as long as the right decision is ultimately made. If it's not a joke, then my post served its purpose. If it IS a joke, then all the better IMO, but my post is then ultimately "just in case"... and the poster should probably try to make it a little more obvious in the future, given the well-known difficulty in discerning the tone of written posts :)

To the OP, that's very sad when one of your favorite beers waves good-bye. I think I'd be beating a dead horse to mention the word pipeline again so I won't....wait, whoops. :mug: I'm always a little sad whenever I kill the last bottles of a batch.

I agree that tipping for homebrew is as tacky as asking your female date to pick up the dinner tab. The furthest I would go would be showing a buddy a brewing magazine and asking them if they wanted me to brew them something from it (which they would pay for) and id take a cut of the brew. That doesn't seem wrong, but also I don't see it happening either...

emjay said:
Maybe, maybe not. A fair amount of people on this board actually do it for real, and the lack of any smileys or even the smallest indication of it possibly being a joke make me assume it's serious.

No problem with considering it though, as long as the right decision is ultimately made. If it's not a joke, then my post served its purpose. If it IS a joke, then all the better IMO, but my post is then ultimately "just in case"... and the poster should probably try to make it a little more obvious in the future, given the well-known difficulty in discerning the tone of written posts :)

True that good sir. Always good to look out for one another. I just read that post as a silly remark, not as an intent to actually collect money for Homebrew.

Don't do it!

:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back