Check valve + shutoff valve in my kit ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bru

Reaction score
I have a 3-tower premium kit from Kegconnection. The gas lines have shutoff valves installed which when turned stop anything flowing in either direction down the line but can anyone tell me if the kit comes with check valves installed anywhere ? In other words valves that automatically only allow flow in one direction and thereby stop beer flowing down the beer lines.
If so, where are they located ?

The check valves are usually integrated into the shutoffs. If it came from Keg Connection, I would think it would have them, I don't think they carry shut off valves without check valves in them.

Thanks.
Ive shaken the keg around while force carbing and didn't notice beer in the reg. but can anyone confirm check valves in kegconnection kits ?

If it's the little chrome ball valves with the red handles, they do have check valves.

But, if you want to see for yourself, you can take a valve out of the manifold. You can see the check ball at the end of the NPT threaded end of the valve.

It is the red handled ball valves.
Kegconn. replied and confirmed - their shut off valves do have check valves.
Thanks for all the replies.

Back