time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rum is not an ingredient in this beer
The "solid" ingredient in the beer is only in it temporarily

grappa oaked stout? I can't imagine grappa tasting good in a beer.. but i am drawing a blank at other alcohols made from grapes that isn't wine.

chinkson said:
grappa oaked stout? I can't imagine grappa tasting good in a beer.. but i am drawing a blank at other alcohols made from grapes that isn't wine.

I can't imagine grappa tasting good under any circumstances.

C'mon, there's lot of them.

i took a picture last night that will be exceptionally difficult to guess, but now i have to get on the stick and figure out what the next one is so i can post it!

here it is.

only hint is; it isn't what it looks like... at least not to me.

IMAG2056.jpg

bing! - spicy spicy goodness. (also, i prefer this one without the yeast swirled back into suspension) so it's very clear. stupid cell phone camera.

American Wheat - Rye.
the grist is 2row, white wheat malt, and rye.

Sounds delicious. Actually it was an easy one for me because I have an American wheat at the moment that looks identical to this. It's like looking at my own beer. What yeast did you use out of curiosity? I used Wyeast 1010. It actually drops very clear for a low flocculating yeast.

Also, I might be wrong but if it's malted rye I don't think it would be considered an adjunct.

it wasn't malted rye, it actually was cracked rye cereal from the whole foods store. i wanted to do a rye beer after having a sierra nevada RyePA. LHBS doesn't carry any, and i didn't have anything else to order from NB.

it's wyeast 1010. good eye!.

I've got nothing guys. Somebody else can post for I'll try to tonight but it won't be till later

Nope to all. In the very beginning there was no rule about that.... That I remember. I kinda gave a hint anyway. So here, this makes it a full hint. It was brewed for a parallel brew. The recipe and process were the same, with only 1 variable. There will be 9 of these served at our may meeting.

Back