Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4616925502_43fda7e68b_o.jpg

4616311185_d367cd2258_o.jpg

4616318527_02c7510ee3_o.jpg

I have the capability to have three on tap with the picnic tap, but nothing is on the picnic at the moment.

Magnets all the way. I tried hot gluing the cap to the magnet, but the cap pulled right off and left the magnet behind.

I did the same with my fermenting chest freezer and I ad better luck with hot glue than with superglue. I think it was maybe the oxygen absorbing caps that the superglue didn't adhere to very well. I have only had 1 or 2 of the hot glue magnets come apart.

The much awaited and highly anticipated keezer build is finally finished. The vast majority of the design of this build was shamelessly plagiarized from posts in this forum. I started out with a Frigidaire 7.2 cubic foot chest freezer that I traded a broken trumpet for. The parts and components were purchased from so many different places that it would be a separate project in itself to organize them into a list to post them. The two possibly original ideas that I contributed to this project were the side mount of the A419 controller, and the magnetically attached custom drip tray. The magnets on the drip tray were removed from hard drives and they are strong as heck. I currently have 3 on there now and they hold the tray pretty well. But I will add a few more next week after I scavenge some more hard drives from work. The only big hiccup I ran into with the project was a nasty and persistent fish odor in the freezer. Turned out that the smell was in the fiberglass insulation in the lid. I removed the fiberglass and replaced it with 2 layers of 3/4 inch Styrofoam and caulked it all up real good before re-installing it. Other than that it was pretty smooth sailing for the most part. Well, here are the photos ... enjoy! :D

K02.jpg

K03.jpg

K04.jpg

K05.jpg

K06.jpg

Can the drip tray hold a full beer with those magnets? If not, be careful about who you let use your taps as they may try and set it down if they get to much foam or something... Just a friendly word of warning, looks good otherwise! Good find in terms of getting the smell out!

Can the drip tray hold a full beer with those magnets? If not, be careful about who you let use your taps as they may try and set it down if they get to much foam or something... Just a friendly word of warning, looks good otherwise! Good find in terms of getting the smell out!

It will hold one beer as it is. But I plan to add 3-6 more magnets just be extra safe.

Ok so I finally saved up enough money to buy a used kegerator. It was in the Portland area which was convenient due to the fact I was driving home to see family ...but i digress...so I was sitting with my uncle explaining home brewing while he was drinking a bottle of my homebrewed witbier when I began to tell him I was bummed about spending some loot on a kegerator when he says " Well hell I've got a kegerator in the garage if you want it" WTF! so yeah here it is ..a FREE kegerator ! so now I'm gonna spend the loot I saved for a kegerator to upgrade this lil gem to a dual tap, new tubing and maybe a new regulator for that wicked free CO2 canister that it came with. BOOYAH goodbye bottles you harsh *****!

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0379.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0381.jpg

Thats how it all happens.... You share a glass of your brew and talk a few... Next thing you know people start thinking... I like this you should make me some or in your case you got the best deal ever. Normally its free bottles or a carboy lay'n around.

Good Luck man!

"This is my portable I made a few weeks back"

That, my friend, rocks! It has "beach party" written all over it.

How do you get the ice in the cooler after inserting the corny? Appears that lid would not open, unless you removed the hinges. It is simply amazing!!!

danger, we're all going ot need more info on that! is it just a 3 gal keg?

Nope! Looks like the 5 gal version. If I'm correct thats a 70 qt cooler as well. I as also would like to see a little more. I have a 3 & 5 gal keg and I like the way it looks. I have more 5 gals and that would be why I'd like to see more.:drunk: What kind of tank you use? PB tank? Can you show us the reg as well?

Thanks in advance!:rockin:

the chest comes with the cup holders and fishing pole holders already attached I use the fishing pole holders to hold disposable plastic shot glasses for people to taste the beer. It doesn't have regular hinges the top pops off and on easily I put the 5 gal corney in fill with ice then pop the top on the ice will last for 4/5 days the beer will not.It is a 9oz pb tank and an old medical oxygen reg I had laying around.You can search my post and find some more info on it in the DIY section.

Well, after a nightmare of a build, it's finally done. Well, 99% done - just need to clamp the bev lines, since my Oetiker clamps are too big for the thinner OD Tygon tubing I've got going on. But other than that...

IMG_01723.jpg

IMG_01732.JPG

Now I gotta redo the garbage room that it's currently sitting in, and convert it to man-cavey goodness (hopefully in time for the World Cup!)

The much awaited and highly anticipated keezer build is finally finished. The vast majority of the design of this build was shamelessly plagiarized from posts in this forum. I started out with a Frigidaire 7.2 cubic foot chest freezer that I traded a broken trumpet for. The parts and components were purchased from so many different places that it would be a separate project in itself to organize them into a list to post them. The two possibly original ideas that I contributed to this project were the side mount of the A419 controller, and the magnetically attached custom drip tray. The magnets on the drip tray were removed from hard drives and they are strong as heck. I currently have 3 on there now and they hold the tray pretty well. But I will add a few more next week after I scavenge some more hard drives from work. The only big hiccup I ran into with the project was a nasty and persistent fish odor in the freezer. Turned out that the smell was in the fiberglass insulation in the lid. I removed the fiberglass and replaced it with 2 layers of 3/4 inch Styrofoam and caulked it all up real good before re-installing it. Other than that it was pretty smooth sailing for the most part. Well, here are the photos ... enjoy! :D

Update on the magnet drip tray theory ... The original 3 magnet design held three 12oz beers, but slid down after adding a forth beer. After adding six more hard drive magnets the drip tray was able to solidly hold five 12oz beers. Although these results are hardly scientific, I would recommend nine magnets to anyone using the magnet technique for a drip tray. Oh yeah, I also included a photo of my first brew from the keezer, an oatmeal stout. :)

K09.jpg

K10.jpg

K11.jpg

I gave my drip tray the same magnet treatment. I found that by painting the magnets with Plasti-Dip, they would hold much better, ie, not slide. Like you, I had no problem keeping it on the fridge, there just wasn't enough friction to keep it from sliding. The Plasti-Dip fixed that.

WOW! 187 pages of awesome Kegerators there's some very skilled craftsmen here.

I can wait to build my own got some great ideas.

As always, some of these builds are blowing me away. Great work all around.

My set up is pretty modest, I posted the fridge earlier in the thread, but I was just able to fasten my tap handle to it, thanks to HBT user WALKER. Can't thank you enough, mate.

I found a nice chunk of maple waiting to be burned in a woodpile and carved this handle out with an antique draw knife. I'm not sure if I want to stain it or anything, I might just leave it as-is.

handle.jpg

As always, some of these builds are blowing me away. Great work all around.

My set up is pretty modest, I posted the fridge earlier in the thread, but I was just able to fasten my tap handle to it, thanks to HBT user WALKER. Can't thank you enough, mate.

I found a nice chunk of maple waiting to be burned in a woodpile and carved this handle out with an antique draw knife. I'm not sure if I want to stain it or anything, I might just leave it as-is.

handle.jpg

i wouldnt do anything to colour it its very nice maybe just a way to seal it so you dont get potential splashback ruining it

I use satin polyurethane on mine. Holds up well and doesn’t change the color of the wood very much. Working on one today for my Bells Two Hearted Ale clone I just put on the gas to carbonate.

Memorial day weekend i decided to build the collar for my keezer. did the last little touches the other night and now she is sitting pretty. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of much nicer keezers posted. But for me, it does the job great.

IMG_2228-480x360.jpg

IMG_2221-480x360.jpg

Tonight or tomorrow i plan on carbing up my first keg and hopefully have it ready for the beginning of next week.

Latest posts

Back