Pump Receptacles on side of Control Panel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chugmaster

Reaction score
After drilling holes into the bottom of my control panel, I've come to realize that the holes for the pumps are too close together and the outer part of the receptacles will overlap.

I plan on JB cold-welding some metal over the holes.

Is there any reason why I can't put the pump receptacles on the side of the control panel?

Nothing as long as it fits and it's comfortable for you. I used a standard wall outlet for my pumps and broke off the hot jumper between the two socket. Would this work so you could keep them at the bottom? Let me know if your interested in more info.

IMG_20130128_144845.jpg

Just make sure it doesn't put too much strain on the cable or the plug. Gravity likes to pull things down, which is a good reason to put the plugs on the bottom - less strain on all the wiring and plugs.

Nothing other than available space will dictate whether you can side mount the pump plugs. I too used a standard wall outlet (although it is a recessed one) but put mine on the bottom (when panel is vertical) to prevent cord strain. I used the recessed outlet in the case that drips do get down there, it should prevent getting in the outlet a bit better.

plugs.jpg

Latest posts

Back