Nine Beers Americans No Longer Drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to this guy the craft industry is taking a toll.

In an interview with 24/7 Wall St., Beer Marketer’s INSIGHTS executive editor Eric Shepard explained that it is specialty beers and craft beers — not light beer — that have eaten into sales of traditional full-calorie beer in the past year.

While some of those percentages sound high,500,000 to 1.4 million barrels is still a crapton of beer. Sounds like people are slowly coming around a bit...:mug:

Sho' was! We're gaining ground,at least in as much as folks wanting more flavor in there beer. Whatever actual amount that might be. Not the least of which would also be quality of same.

i'll drink a 12 pack of anyone of those at the beach any day of the week. esp mich light

If they're free, I don't object too much. Besides, MGD boils brats very, very well.

Speaking of boiled brats ( sorry this is off topic) has anyone else ever wondered if the beer infused with brats would be tasty? It not dont try it.

Unlikely... If you're talking about the marinating liquid, that's had raw meat in it. Gross. If you boil them, aren't you oxygenating the beer and driving off all the carbonation?

Now, maybe a beer with the spices used in making brats could be good. I'm thinking a pale ale with magnum and cascade, then some thyme, oregano, and maybe some peppers? I don't like spicy beer, but it might go well with the brat...

I like the part about Michelob being the top shelf stuff. For those with discerning tastes!

I think all that stuff is great for shoving up a chicken's hoo-haa. I've even been known to drink the necessary half a can first.

I say Let it Be Lowenbrau!

I am shocked, simply shocked that Milwaukee’s Best Light sells more that Miller High Life Light! MHLL used to be my ****!... like eight years ago.

Speaking of boiled brats ( sorry this is off topic) has anyone else ever wondered if the beer infused with brats would be tasty? It not dont try it.

I have wondered on both beer and bacon, but that was quickly dashed. Fat is what makes meat tasty [juiciness comes from fat too btw] but fat plus cold or even room temps means that white waxy solid on top of your beer. If anyone has ever left a beef stew or spagetti out all night they have seen it.

and btw Shocktop sold 500,000 barrels! wow that more than i could have estimated

Back