First time brewer - suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryMN

Reaction score
I am planning on brewing my first home brew next weekend and am hoping you all have some suggestions. Do you suggest using a beer recipe kit for my first brew? Any style of beer that is best for a newbie on their first run? Thanks in advance!

What equipment do you have? How much do you know about what you're doing? Looks like you are in Minnesota - Northern Brewer is in St. Paul. They have a ton of kits, and all the ingredients and equipment you will need. I'd suggest you brew a beer style you think you'd like to drink, but otherwise, something relatively small (low original gravity and alcohol content) only because it will be finished a little sooner. Btw, there is a beginners forum here.
Good luck.

I have a True Brew Gold Kit 2 stage fermentation. I was thinking about doing a Belgian Witbier Recipe for 5 Gallons SG: 1.042-1.046 FG: 1.010-1.012. I have just started reading some books/articles/forums on home brewing so I don't know much about what I'm doing yet...hopefully all goes well with the first batch!

Back