Group Buy: Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra barrier line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another 6 boxes, totaling 750ft, out the door in the morning. Only 10 more orders to get payment for and fulfill (for boxes 1-6), i can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks ya'll for chipping in a little extra, SWMBO is getting flowers at work tomorrow! It's a tea-green zen california yoga thing with purple flowers, i figured something different to mix it up a little from the usual red stuff- even though one can never go wrong with roses.... : )

-ls

for anyone who wants a little tip on how to get this tubing on your 1/4" barbed fittings.

boil water, dip end of tubing in water, use snap ring pliers to spread the tubing while hot, turn pliers 90 degrees and spread other side. quickly get the tubing onto your barb fitting, if you can't get it on in one shot, heat it again and try and ram rod the barb in there like a virgin on prom night.

the first couple took some getting used to, but now I can get a barb on in one shot like shoving a hotdog down a hall way.

-=Jason=-

for anyone who wants a little tip on how to get this tubing on your 1/4" barbed fittings.

boil water, dip end of tubing in water, use snap ring pliers to spread the tubing while hot, turn pliers 90 degrees and spread other side. quickly get the tubing onto your barb fitting, if you can't get it on in one shot, heat it again and try and ram rod the barb in there like a virgin on prom night.

the first couple took some getting used to, but now I can get a barb on in one shot like shoving a hotdog down a hall way.

-=Jason=-

That's pretty much how I did it, except I spread the tubing by shoving a nail set into it rather than using snap ring pliers. I found that boiling the end of the nail set helped keep it hot enough to stretch the tubing further.

Shockerengr posted something similar to what flomaster and jaun did - thanks guys for the tips. Looks like it is doable, so small price to pay for superior beer line!

-=Jason=-

Can you ever get this off the fittings...will a utility knife cut if off?

yes, an earlier post indicated you can cut it with a utility knife just like Bevlex. the material is just more rigid than the bevlex or standard beer line

Boleslaus said:

yeah you can cut them off with a utility knife. I put a couple barbs on with out the nut and had to cut it off. There was no way it was ferrying pulled off.

-= Jason=-

I boiled and stretched it with needle nose plyers. Ended up using 20' per tap, great pour.

That's good to know Demon because I read your earlier question regarding the serving length and I'm also at 38* and 11 psi. Thanks

I still have 1/2 dozen folks who haven't responded (or paid) to any of the postings and PM's i've sent. Please contact me asap. I'll wait until the 17th and i don't hear back from you i'll re-allocate your line to the waiting list.

-ls

It's a four tap keezer at 38*, 11psi and a one foot rise from kegs to shanks. I used to have five foot 1/4" vinyl tubing. That setup resulted in 2/3 glass of foam on the first pour every time. After a few pints last night I may actually knock two feet off the accuflex line for a faster pour.

I have 10FT lines, keep my keezer 34-38F my pour is nice not to fast, not to slow, I don't have co2 breaking out of solution. only first glass has more foam because my tower is warmer than the beer inside the keezer. when I get some secondary regulators I'll make a longer line for my higher carbed beers.

-=jason=-

I still have 1/2 dozen folks who haven't responded (or paid) to any of the postings and PM's i've sent. Please contact me asap. I'll wait until the 17th and i don't hear back from you i'll re-allocate your line to the waiting list.

-ls

Let me know. I have Paypal money waiting for ya

I got mine today.:ban:

It is a very tight fit for sure. Ultimately, I ended up heating a Phillip's head screwdriver over a flame and shoving that in to widen it up. I left that in while I heated the shank fitting for a bit and then took the screwdriver out of the tubing and quickly shoved it on the heated fitting. It worked but I was still only able to get it about half way on. I also used some clamps just in case. *

I used twenty feet like Demon did for 38F, 11 PSI and get a nice slow pour which is what I like personally. I think my vinyl tubing was 15ft if I remember correctly and it seems to be about the same speed.

* EDIT: This was with 1/4" barbs

Thanks Outside, it couldn't have been easy to measure all of this stiff line out.

Mine should be coming within the next day or so. Has anyone tried a Heat Gun for shrink tubing? I'm not keen on taking a flame to it. Don't want to melt or leave char marks on it.

so i just got mine in the mail and can not believe how fast it got here. ordered sat am and it was here on mon. crazy. so this will fit where my old lines were? seems soo much smaller.

IrregularPulse said:
Mine should be coming within the next day or so. Has anyone tried a Heat Gun for shrink tubing? I'm not keen on taking a flame to it. Don't want to melt or leave char marks on it.

I just used boiling water.

although a heat gun it
Is a great idea

I just did this yesterday when I setup my 5 tap system.

The heat gun worked awesome after I got the hang of it. I started with my propane stove. Nope! Crushed tube.

The heat gun is good because you can just heat up a portion of the tube and not crush the structural integrity of the tube by pushing something in it.

First, I started with a phillips head screwdriver and ream it in by just heating the screwdriver and the end of the tube. Then while still hot, I spread with needle nose. After, I dunked in water to decrease heat and maintain integrity towards pushing. Then I reamed in the nipple (on a ball lock for grip) while carefully heating the nipple too. After reaming, I heat the whole thing around and then dunk in water. That way I'm not reaming after heating and hopefully creating a good seal.

After waking up this morning I have no leaks and no hose clamps on 10 attempts. Done!

Yeah... this stuff is skinny and takes up no space. Sweet. 40' for my seltzer tap is like nothing...

Good to hear. I was a bit worried what 200-250 feet inside a freezer would look like :D

Thanks for putting this together for us! Between the price of the line and the super fast shipping, this deal cannot be beat.

I got my line yesterday and boy was it hard to get it on 1/4 barbed fittings. I'm going to let some beer sit in the lines for a few days and see if I'm able to detect any plastic or oxidation taste. I suspect that I definitely wont taste plastic, but I'm a little bit concerned about oxygen leaking in around the fittings.

Received mine today. Much thanks for the fast shipping and the work to put this together, can't say enough about what a great person you are for doing this. Now it's off to my LHBS to find some barbs that fit.

I just got mine today as well, and I know this has been said alot but thanks for doing this. I found this tread as I started looking at lines and this was above and beyond what I could find retail. Thanks again.

I just got mine today as well, and I know this has been said alot but thanks for doing this. I found this tread as I started looking at lines and this was above and beyond what I could find retail. Thanks again.

It's a four tap keezer at 38*, 11psi and a one foot rise from kegs to shanks. I used to have five foot 1/4" vinyl tubing. That setup resulted in 2/3 glass of foam on the first pour every time. After a few pints last night I may actually knock two feet off the accuflex line for a faster pour.

So you're thinking about cutting back to 18ft? If you've done it yet, how is the resulting pour? I have mine at 22 ft. right now and it is definitely a little slower than I'd like.

Latest posts

Back