Who got some hopslam?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmm just about halfway through my last of the sixer... I was hoping I would be able to hold out on this one till Nugget Nectar was available but it looks like I may have to fix my hop craving with something else in between...

Oh wait I have an IPA on tap and about 4 bombers of Hop Stoopid left in the fridge. Time to get Stoopid!

This year's is excellent. I really need to pick up another 6er already. I only have 2 bottles left and I think they will be gone pretty soon.

Also, noticed Hopslam is going to be on tap at the TC Microbrews and Music Festival in Traverse City next weekend... Only thing better than Hopslam from the bottle is Hopslam on tap!

I've already drank about a case of it worth... found a bar in Plymouth, MI that has it on tap and had two talls one night. I remember little of that night. :)

Stopping by Whole Foods in Chandler, AZ after work. Hopefully there will still be some left when I get there.

Had it on tap here in La Crosse and it was fantastic! I don't care for many IPAs, but this one I really enjoyed.

I already have a differnt interpetation of this. Im on my third try of this from the sixer(differnt day) for a 10% beer this is pretty smooth and the only detection (barely)of alcohol is on the dryness with the finish, im not getting the stickyness like the first but it shure is a tropical fruit hop alot of orange a spicy/peppery hop bittering tang throughout.Noticing more of the yeast character and less of the honey character as well on this beer.Its just weird how the same beer tastes different,im a believer in your own ph and what you ate earlier has a huge impact on the taste of beer. Good thing i tried a 2 hearted 3X before i went from not liking it to my favorate standby on the third try ,when i was just getting back into craft beer some time ago.Although i think id rather put down a few 2 hearted than one of these maybe,really. Great beer but not exactly one of my favorate double ipa's either.I would have thought different if i hadnt had some really good imperial or double ipa's ive had, thats why research-drinking is great.

Brag alert: got some cask conditioned Hopslam at a beer dinner last might.

image-1478288196.jpg

This years was very good. I picked some up at my local Meijer store but now they are sold out. I was talking to their wine steward and he is trying to get a second batch which he said would be on sale for $14.99. While I'm waiting I picked up some Founders products for $7.99 this week only.

Last bottle and I really should take it to a guy at work... Need to find more! So far it has not shown up in the local party store like it has the past 2 years. Might still make it on a later batch.

Champane's Wine Cellar in Warren, MI has some available. Don't mind broadcasting that since I already bought 4 sixers :rockin:

They're selling it for $13.99 a six pack... cheapest I've seen it yet.

Got a sixer yesterday for just over 15. I was not that impressed. Don't get me wrong, it was good. I guess to my tastes it's just not excellent, $15-a-sixer beer. I thought it was wonderfully smooth for 10%, with the perfect dryness and a really nice balance--I expected way more bitterness based on the label but I found it to be very nice and dangerously easy drinking. I guess I just didn't care for the aroma/flavor. Only tried one so far though, after a beer or two so I'll try another one today with a clear palate.

Got a sixer yesterday for just over 15. I was not that impressed. Don't get me wrong, it was good. I guess to my tastes it's just not excellent, $15-a-sixer beer. I thought it was wonderfully smooth for 10%, with the perfect dryness and a really nice balance--I expected way more bitterness based on the label but I found it to be very nice and dangerously easy drinking. I guess I just didn't care for the aroma/flavor. Only tried one so far though, after a beer or two so I'll try another one today with a clear palate.

The first time I had hopslam I was unimpressed. Then I had another bottle and for some reason the aroma was much more noticeable and the flavor was out of this world.

I found some hopslam. Looks like it just showed up here in Northern MN. its about 15.49 for a sixer. I just grabbed a couple bottles instead.

They just got it in at Total Wine in Jacksonville, FL. My 6-pack is chillin' in the fridge!

I just picked up my second six pack. I love this stuff. Got to have it on draft last weekend in Kalamazoo at bells eccentric cafe :)

picked up a sixer this morning at BevMo!

scaled.php

One sixer per person (i had my 2 & 4 year old with me, too bad they didn't count!)

The manager said they just got there this morning and the entire case will be gone by 5pm today...

Also picked up 2 six packs of Bigfoot and a bottle of 120IPA...

I haven't had any of these yet but am looking forward to it!

Finally found a single yesterday for $3.52...it was about $0.30 more, but that was all the cash I had, so the cashier said don't worry about it. I've never had it before, it's in the fridge waiting.

At Russian river brewing company today. PM me of you want to trade for Pliny the elder. Or Deschutes Abyss. Looking for Hopslam. It doesn't make it's way out here to California. Ps. About to go in Russian river after hours of waiting outside to try Pliny theyounger for their limited in brewery two week only release. Wish I could trade this, but they don't bottle or growler :( sorry guys.

Yeah my local beer Mecca just got a second shipment in today. I was busy brewing the tits up IIPA recipe so I didn't get one this go around good thing I got some a couple weeks ago!

Thought I was getting lucky snagging a sixer on the first release day in Minneapolis. I went to a local brew shop and got one of the last packs they had that day, every store was running out after only hours of announcing Hopslam in stock.

Turns out, every liquor store in the area still has some left. It was in a store across the street from my house, I never knew they had Bell's beer to begin with!

Long story short, I'm stocked. Last year this was all gone after a few days. They must have upped the distribution to MN this year.

My wife was really sweet and got me some beer for V-day! Hopslam was one of the two, the other was Crooked Tree IPA from Dark Horse. She's a great wife! Now, if only she'd remembered I hate IPAs... lol! At least it's 10% abv!

from Berkley, MI (near Detroit)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found this site trying to locate some 2013 Bells Hopslam Ale. Still haven't found any on Draft or in Bottles. I even emailed Bells and asked them to send another case to a Party Store near me that already sold out of 10 cases. The rep at Bells was rather rude, and just told me to do the stuff that I had already done to find some. No Luck !
Didn't realize a "spring" Ale would already be sold out in the Home State of the Brewery by the end of January !! They're still shipping Hopslam to out of State locations, but I can't get any when I live 3 hours away from the Brewery. Every Bar and Retailer listed on Bells Beer Finder, that I have called is sold out. Anybody have any place near Detroit where I can try some of this Beverage for the very 1st time ?? I would appreciate it very much.

Hopalong1255 said:
from Berkley, MI (near Detroit)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found this site trying to locate some 2013 Bells Hopslam Ale. Still haven't found any on Draft or in Bottles. I even emailed Bells and asked them to send another case to a Party Store near me that already sold out of 10 cases. The rep at Bells was rather rude, and just told me to do the stuff that I had already done to find some. No Luck !
Didn't realize a "spring" Ale would already be sold out in the Home State of the Brewery by the end of January !! They're still shipping Hopslam to out of State locations, but I can't get any when I live 3 hours away from the Brewery. Every Bar and Retailer listed on Bells Beer Finder, that I have called is sold out. Anybody have any place near Detroit where I can try some of this Beverage for the very 1st time ?? I would appreciate it very much.

How far you willing to drive? I have seen it in only place this year, a week or two ago. A small town in St Clair County...Marine City. Tim's Party Store on Parker Street.

Yes, I'm willing to drive a bit to grab a 6 or a 12. I'll give Tim's a call before I go though. :mug: Thanks ! I was lucky last night in that I had my very 1st Hopslam on tap at Bagger Dave's in Berkley, a 1/2 mile from my house. I've been looking and calling Everywhere. Knocked back a couple, very good, and worth the Hunt. One Eyed Betty's in Ferndale had it on tap, but just ran out on Friday night. Cheers !

Hopalong1255 said:
Yes, I'm willing to drive a bit to grab a 6 or a 12. I'll give Tim's a call before I go though. :mug: Thanks ! I was lucky last night in that I had my very 1st Hopslam on tap at Bagger Dave's in Berkley, a 1/2 mile from my house. I've been looking and calling Everywhere. Knocked back a couple, very good, and worth the Hunt. One Eyed Betty's in Ferndale had it on tap, but just ran out on Friday night. Cheers !

I will be up that way early in the week (probably Tuesday). If I think of it, I'll pop into Tim's and see if they still have some on the shelf. I bought six last time I was there but that's probably enough for me this year. Two Hearted is honestly a much better beer, in my opinion.

olz431 said:
I've spent 45 on six packs of that stuff in a month, that's 3 six packs.

The price doesn't bother me on that beer. Despite the word "slam" being in the name, slamming that stuff will lead to a rough night...and rougher morning. Six Hopslams go a long way at my house.

Back