Iron Hill in Maple Shade NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dzlater

Reaction score
Iron Hill Brewery
They are opening on Monday the 20th. I am stoked, it's the first brewpub
that's close to my home. Has anyone had their beers? How's the food?
Do they offer an AHA discount?

Their seasonals and cask-conditioned releases are quite good. The Pig Iron Porter on cask is excellent, and the last time I was there they offered a Bourbon-Barrel Tripel that was divine.

Food is always good, IME.

AHA discount is 20%, at least at the one in Lancaster.

I'd guess these will be in your opening lineup at least:

Belgian White
Hefe Weizen
India Black Ale
Ironbound Ale
Light Lager
Pig Iron Porter
Raspberry Wheat
Vienna Red Lager
West Coast Gold

Maple Shade Blog

I agree with fly that the porter is the best of the standard lineup & their rotating taps/cask are generally the star of the show. Food is typically decent at worst and usually pretty tasty. The calamari is pretty damn fantastic.

had some of their stuff at the Battleship NJ beerfest in June, was quite impressed. definitely worth a visit at some point.

There are a couple around me and i have only been a couple times but I am not a fan at all. I think it is pretty overpriced food for what it is and the beer that I had was mediocre at best. But thats just me. A lot of people really like it.

I have been to several of their locations, And i frequent the West Chester and Media locations. The wife and i have always enjoyed the food, but it had gotten a little pricey lately. I have found that the beer quality varies by location, as the brewers differ by location. I can tell you that the NJ location's brewer left West Chester to open the new brewery, and i have always liked his seasonal beers very much. the house beers are what they are, but the Porter is nice. Keep an Eye out for the Belgian Styles he will put together over there, I have always found that that was his best area.

Also, If you plan on going often, sign yourself up for the mug club, its really a great deal, and you get invited to special tastings and other events like that.

I have been to several of their locations, And i frequent the West Chester and Media locations. The wife and i have always enjoyed the food, but it had gotten a little pricey lately. I have found that the beer quality varies by location, as the brewers differ by location. I can tell you that the NJ location's brewer left West Chester to open the new brewery, and i have always liked his seasonal beers very much. the house beers are what they are, but the Porter is nice. Keep an Eye out for the Belgian Styles he will put together over there, I have always found that that was his best area.

Also, If you plan on going often, sign yourself up for the mug club, its really a great deal, and you get invited to special tastings and other events like that.

What, are they a chain? Kind of turns me off when they have several locations (how many?). I guess that is ok if that is what you like but I prefer to know that I am at the one and only otherwise it is no big deal.

What, are they a chain? Kind of turns me off when they have several locations (how many?). I guess that is ok if that is what you like but I prefer to know that I am at the one and only otherwise it is no big deal.

Yea they are a chain, While generally I am not a fan of chain restaurants, I am still glad I'll have a brew pub close to home. Unfortunatly I can't make it there tonight for the opening but I'll get there sometime this week.

8 locations and a website:
Iron Hill Brewery - Home

IIRC, the menus are somewhat different at each location and the individual brewers seem to have a pretty good degree of freedom with what they brew outside of the standard lineup. (West Chester gained a real solid brewer when Larry moved over from North Wales)

Chain? perhaps but it's nothing like say ruby tuesday or TGI McScratchy's. Course, NJ isn't exactly burning down the house with a slew of brewpubs either...

8 locations and a website:
Iron Hill Brewery - Home

IIRC, the menus are somewhat different at each location and the individual brewers seem to have a pretty good degree of freedom with what they brew outside of the standard lineup. (West Chester gained a real solid brewer when Larry moved over from North Wales)

Chain? perhaps but it's nothing like say ruby tuesday or TGI McScratchy's. Course, NJ isn't exactly burning down the house with a slew of brewpubs either...

+1 On Larry the new brewer. I was a little skeptical when I hear Chris was moving to NJ, but Im very impressed with Larry. Very Creative!

I went here last night. just to check the place out for a quick drink. Honestly I didn't like the layout very much. I think a brew pub should have the brewery with the giant copper plated conicals shown in all their glory.

I was sitting at the bar in the main area, even walked around a bit. Honestly i didn't even think it was a brew pub untill i asked if they brew on premise.

Tucked WAY back in the corner past the "quiet" row of booths was a little glass door leading into the brewery........ Why wouldn't they want to show off there equipment???

Both the locations near me have the ferementers visible as soon as you walk in the door.

I live a block from the one in Phoenixville :drunk: Tim Stumpf (brewer) is a really nice guy who has offered guidance and help w/ some homebrewing questions I've had. Great beer & food.

Ive been to many of them. all Ive been to, the brewery is the foacl point of the place. Actually was at West Chester for Happy hour with the wife today. Larry has a beer on tap called "chuck Norris's beard". the only discription is "round house kick to the tongue" . for Christ sake. I would have had it by name aloe, but it tuely is a great beer.

ok.... rambling.....

I do know that they bought all the brewery equipment used from the city (philly). They are from the now defunct independence brewpub. maybe they want to hide it a little because its different then the other sponts? no clue.....

Latest posts

Back