Self Intro. 2 Beers in fermentation!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeldomSeen

Reaction score
Hi all.
I just started home brewin gabout 2 weeks ago. I find myself spending alot of money on high test and tasty beers at the state liquor store.

Anyhow, Home Brewing is somethign I've wanted to get into for a whiles now, so I picked up a beer brewing kit and a kit from my local homebrew supply store.

Anyhow.
My first beer was a Black and Tan kit I got from the LHBS.
I left it in the Primary Fermentor for a week, then racked it to a secondary fermentor where it's been for a week so far. It's cleared and darkened quite nicely. When I did a specific gravity reading (1.014) I noticed little bubbles in the beer as if it's already slightly carbonated. Any reason to worry there?

My most recent beer is an Altbier.
I was looking for something to match the Lagunitas Censored Copper ale.
I got that boiled up and put into the primary fermentor last night.

So by the time the Black and Tan is ready for bottling, the Altbier will be ready for the secondary... Then I need to geth another beer in the Primary..

Anyhow, thought I'd intro myself.

SeldomSeen said:
Anyhow.
My first beer was a Black and Tan kit I got from the LHBS.
I left it in the Primary Fermentor for a week, then racked it to a secondary fermentor where it's been for a week so far. It's cleared and darkened quite nicely. When I did a specific gravity reading (1.014) I noticed little bubbles in the beer as if it's already slightly carbonated. Any reason to worry there?.

Welcome!!! Nope, no reason to worry, it's just CO2 dissolved into your beer

Back