NJ home brewing permit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelou6

Reaction score
Do any of you have experience applying for the NJ home brewing permit?

Bobby_M said:
I got mine. $20. I'd just play dumb and skip it if I were you.

$20? I wonder if it went down as the form says $15. Could the government be getting more efficient?

I was just reading some of the laws on it: http://www.beertown.org/statutes

Ours in Illinois is great, but I just love the wording of Montana's: "...permitting the home production of beer in Montana so long as such activity is within the federal statute recognizing the production of beer for family use." Other western states have similar things.

Basically - hey, look good laws exist, lets leave it the **** alone!

The only reason I got it was because I was hired to teach a brewing class and it added just a bit more visability. It would be tough to play dumb when the class outline included "legality of brewing". I'm pretty sure none of the members in my home brew club have the permit. Think about it, you're actively telling the state.. hey, look at me, I'm brewing.

olllllo said:
I stirred some grain and took a mash temperature.

but then again I'm a cowboy.
On a steel horse I ride...

Appropriate (geographically) quote from Belichick's BFF (one of the strangest friendships in recorded human history)...

Back