Rims-Wizard Pro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is anyone using this system? If so do you like it? My goal is to get this system and their mash tun keggle. I would use a standard burner to heat the mash and sparge water. Later I'll upgrade to a new stand and automate.

I have one and I love it. I heat the mash water with the burner then let the RIMS wizard take over. Works really well It is pricey but I didn't want to build one myself.

I just watched the video at their website. It's pretty nifty, but damn, that price is outrageous. My RIMS tube with an $8 Stainless heating element and a $40 PID from Auber does the same thing. Keeps the mash within one tenth of a degree, most times right on the button.

The brew software and color touchscreen are cool, but man, that is some big bucks for something you can easily do yourself.

That looks nice and I'm all for buying things these days. I'm just tired of building things. If brewing were my main hobby, I'd spend thousands on equipment, but it ain't and...that does seem expensive. But again, it's all subjective and it may not seem that way to you. We know they build good stuff.

Thanks for the info everyone. Yeah I agree it's expensive, but I don't have good luck with water so the idea of mixing electric and water together makes me very nervous :) The sad part is my wife is a PM for a factory automation company so I really should look into building it myself.

Thanks for the info everyone. Yeah I agree it's expensive, but I don't have good luck with water so the idea of mixing electric and water together makes me very nervous :) The sad part is my wife is a PM for a factory automation company so I really should look into building it myself.

Well there you go. Have her build it! No shame in that! She could probably build it one piece at a time, 'ala Johnny Cash.:)

I'm now thinking about it.

These parts makes it look a lot safer.

TC15F10NPSCOV-400-2.jpg

http://www.brewershardware.com/Tri-Clover-RIMS-Tube.html

I have one of those on my RIMS tube as well. Very nice. Checkout out Kal's site, the electric brewery. We aren't slamming these together with no thought to safety.

A properly grounded RIMS operating on a GFCI line is really no different than the brew wizard in terms of safety.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy a RINS Wizard. Just know your options.

Back