R.I.P. Beer drinker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knewshound

Reaction score
Wife Shoots Husband to Death Over Warm Beer in Missouri

Tuesday , December 05, 2006

ST. LOUIS — A St. Louis man was shot to death by his wife after giving her a can of warm beer, police said.

The shooting happened Sunday. Names have not been released. The woman was taken into custody.

The wife allegedly admitted shooting her husband, who was about 70 years old, in the kitchen of their home. The man was shot four or five times in the chest after giving his wife a can of warm Stag beer.

The house was among thousands in the St. Louis area that lost power after a winter storm hit the region Thursday.

I'm not touching this one with a 10 foot pole.

My wife reads this forum....

Cheers,

knewshound

This is a very sad event. It brings three things to mind:
1. What is Stag beer?
2. He should've known better.
3. You'd think he'd have just set it outside for awhile.
Clearly, this incident was avoidable.

ablrbrau said:
Hmmm I dunno, I like warm beer once in a while.........
There is something to be said for beer that is not chilled down so much that your tastebuds become inactive. Though, this is normally a sign that it is past its best and the pub is trying to get rid of it. :mad:

Stag is a couple steps down from BMC. It's what you drink when you can't afford swill. As cold as it is down there, he must have warmed it up intentionally. No doubt thinking she would have gagged so violently that death would have followed ingestion.

I want to know why he was bringing the beer to her. Shouldn't she have been bringing the beer to him!? Hehe! J/K ladies!!

Kind of reminds me of the time I accidently put salt in my wife's coffee instead of sugar.

Yeah, I'm lucky to be alive.

david_42 said:
Stag is a couple steps down from BMC. It's what you drink when you can't afford swill. As cold as it is down there, he must have warmed it up intentionally. No doubt thinking she would have gagged so violently that death would have followed ingestion.

Maybe it only looked like warm beer...

My girlfriend gets mad if anybody dares put her Optimator in the fridge. She drinks it warm. I prefer cellar temps for that particular brew, but would rather drink it too warm than too cold.

I prefer most decent beers to be served on the warm side.

Something tells me it was more than just the warm beer. When SWMBO goes off on me, it's rarely ONLY about the last thing I did.

That's just my Dr. Phil input for the day

feedthebear said:
Kind of reminds me of the time I accidently put salt in my wife's coffee instead of sugar.

Yeah, I'm lucky to be alive.

I accidently put salt in my coffee once. KACK! I agree, you are lucky to be alive. :p

david_42 said:

AH! So, this is obviously a case of self defense!

rdwj said:
Something tells me it was more than just the warm beer. When SWMBO goes off on me, it's rarely ONLY about the last thing I did.

That's just my Dr. Phil input for the day

This is a very wise man. (Rdwj, not Dr. Phil)

Lorena

Back