Any Kettle Vendors Offering 1" welded fittings?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hustlebird

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I'm in the market for a new kettle (thinking 15gal, as I'm desperately wanting to start 10gal batches) and I figure this time I should do it right. I'm all electric, and would like to find welded fittings for all my attachments, including my 2 heating elements. I remember seeing a thread not to long ago where a guy was able to get a completely customized (bayou?) kettle with the 1" fittings welded on, but I can't find it now. I talked to Spike brewing and they said they can't do the 1" fittings due to liability issues. Any help would be great! Thanks

I can help out with the fittings if you want to have someone weld them up locally for you but I don't carry any pots/kettles...yet. What kind of fittings are you looking for?

Thanks for the offer, I'm pretty sure that this:
http://www.stainlessbrewing.com/Half-Coupling_p_93.html
is what I need (1"). I was really trying to avoid having to piece things together though. I had read someones post where they got their kettle fully welded when they bought it. I dont know any welders locally and given the area I'm in it'll probably be rediculously expensive.

Buying a pot pre welded 'could' cause issues fitting heating elements depending on what type of element you use. If you use one of the larger ripple elements, the fitting cannot be too close to the bottom or it may have clearance issues. the other issue with that is if usnig this on an eHERMS you can run into clearance issues with the coil if the element doesnt thread in with the ripple in the same direction as the plane of the bottom of the pot. These are minor issues, but ones to keep in mind when looking. I understand the draw of wanting everything welded in place, but weldless on the heating elements allows you leeway in fit-up.

Thanks for the offer, I'm pretty sure that this:
http://www.stainlessbrewing.com/Half-Coupling_p_93.html
is what I need (1"). I was really trying to avoid having to piece things together though. I had read someones post where they got their kettle fully welded when they bought it. I dont know any welders locally and given the area I'm in it'll probably be rediculously expensive.

Ask your local dairy, brewery, or any company in your area that handles food processing. Ask for someone in management or the maintenance department. I'm sure they know a welder in the area that can help you out. They have to have someone do their stuff right? These type of people (the welder) usually love beer and can give you a good deal too. I hear you on the "just buy it complete and not have to worry about it" way to go as well.

Thanks for all the responses guys! I think Brewers Hardware is the one I was looking at before. I remember the lid hook in the review.

Stainless brewing - thanks for all the responses, I'll definitely poke around locally to see if I can find someone.

Back