NG Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanked

Reaction score
I have a natural gas grill and would like to hook up a burner for my kettle. I've seen numerous threads on burners but nothing on regulators. Does a regulator need to be installed for NG or can it run wide open? I'd hat to blow up my kettle or the house.

There should already be a regulator on the main gas line inside the premises, otherwise you'd need to have separate regulators on the gas stove, laundry dryer, etc. So all you need is a valve...

Cheers!

Yeah, you should just need a valve like this one from Williams Brewing. How big of batches do you do? The reason I ask is gas grill hook-ups generally use 3/8" hose which might be a bit restrictive if you go with a huge burner.

The valve microbusbrewery will only work with the 10" 'Banjo'/
Hurricane' style burner due to the orifice on the end. If you choose jet burners, all you will need is appliance gas valves.

I run 2 of the hurricane burners on natural gas with the valve linked above. I do run 1/2" hose from my stub to them though. When you get the valve make sure it is the right one. It took a number of trys for them to get me the right one. Turns out that the supplier sent them mislabeled ones and they resent me them a few times. They got it squared and all is good.

I do 5 and 10 gal batches. I'll look for the 1/2 inch hose Thanks for all the suggestions.

1/4" Hose is more than adequate. We sell them custom made to length.
Hose.jpg

HosewithValve.jpg

Hosewithburners.jpg

Back