Moving from Utah to WNY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayInUT

Reaction score
I've been brewing for a while. My wife and I have decided to move to Buffalo/Niagara Falls where I grew up. I'm looking forward to meeting up with some homebrewers in the area.

That's a nice area (assuming you like snow). Looks like you'll have to upgrade to a premium membership so you can change your name to RayInNY. Good luck with the move, and try Dinosaur BBQ.

I'm from there as well. As long as you don't like good football teams, you'll be fine.

NY will probably be more brew-friendly than Utah :p

Sorry for the stereotype, but my time in Provo was decidedly lacking in the malted beverage department.

Great posts! I gave up on the Bills after the third superbowl humiliation. Effington...Provo still sucks. Snow is not a problem, in fact it is one of the reasons we are moving. We live in the mountains and we generally have six to ten feet of snow in our yard during the winter (which lasts from late September until late May or early June). We are looking forward to moving back. My wife is from Idaho but she has been in Buffalo enough to know that it's a great place to live and raise kids. With my parents getting older we want the kids to spend some time around them. One of my sisters passed away last month and we are hoping to fill a void in the lives of the rest of the family and create new opportunities for ourselves. When I was in Buffalo last month it was the first time in ages that I noticed things actually seeming better economically. Elmwood Ave was busy, people were out shopping and walking around, and overall it felt really good. We are excited to move back!

Elmwood has certainly improved. Buffalo is like most cities. The neighborhood is as nice as who's walking through. There are really nice streets that are parallel with really not nice streets. Buffalo gets a bad rap but it has it's positives.

It's funny to hear that Chippewa is a happening place now. That used to be the ****hole of the city. We will most likely be living in Niagara County though as I hear it is hard to get a handgun permit in Erie County and I do have some guns that I'll be bringing back from Utah. I talked to a guy at a gun store on NFB in Niagara Wheatfield the other day. What a pain in the ass it is for a non-criminal to own a gun in NY. I'm selling most of my handguns as it will be too expensive to register them all in NY. It doesn't seem like anyone on the east side has any trouble obtaining guns...at least from the headlines I see in the Buffalo news.

Latest posts

Back