Where do I look for equipment?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jade_The_Raw

Reaction score
I have been on craigslist looking for kegs to make into a keggle and cant find nothing, I cant find any mash tuns, I really cant find that much. I am trying to get this going but im on a tight budget. Where are some other places I should start looking?

Ha, you live near a big college? Lots of frat houses? You can probably find a few kegs and a nice cooler for your mash tun right now! (I'm typing this on Sunday morning).

Seriously though, be patient. Where are you? Is there a HB club nearby? Not that I've made it to my local club yet, but I bet if there is one in your area they'll help you find some gear, or someone will invite you to brew with them on their set up.

Keep watching CL, but not all locations are great for CL brew scores - my neck of the woods is so-so at best.

CL is hit or miss and kegs go FAST. Think about how many people are looking for them. Why do you need keggles? What about a large turkey fryer with large pot? or just search for large cooking pots...

MLTs are generally coolers. Walmart has them for under $20. I would NEVER recommend a Keggle MLT unless you were going to have the thing nearly filled to the top. Do many 13 gallon high gravity batches? I use my coolers more than my keggle MLT.

Also on a tight budget a HLT and BK can be the same thing as long as you have a vessel to hold the wort like a couple $6 food grade buckets from Lowes or Home Depot...

Kegs are an option but not the only one...and sometimes not even the best one.

Latest posts

Back