What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just this

ForumRunner_20120816_184437.jpg

Have the day off tomorrow to take my 2 1/2 year old to a day with Thomas, but tonight it's brew night! Making a gumballhead clone and drinking some beer.
Dugges - never mind the bollox (ok nothing special)
3F's gumballhead in commemoration of the brew
Unibroue - Terrible (that's the name) not too shabby. A dark ale, slightly sweet, but pretty tasty. Haven't really had a bad beer from these guys..

wojjow said:
have the day off tomorrow to take my 2 1/2 year old to a day with thomas, but tonight it's brew night! Making a gumballhead clone and drinking some beer.
Dugges - never mind the bollox (ok nothing special)
3f's gumballhead in commemoration of the brew
unibroue - terrible (that's the name) not too shabby. A dark ale, slightly sweet, but pretty tasty. Haven't really had a bad beer from these guys..

image-2476978645.jpg

Full Sail's 2012 Reserve Old Boardhead Barleywine Ale.

Good stuff. Bit light for a barleywine but I'm gonna finish the bottle. Wish I had more bottles to follow this one.

Victory Storm King Stout. It's the kind of beer that flicks your nuts, gives you a titty twister, then calls you a little b!tch...and you don't dare argue.

Drank some good beers tonight, had a Rollerdam Red/Great River and Uncommon Stout/Bent River--locals. Along with a buffalo burger in home of "Pickers"(more known now-because of) Leclaire Iowa. At a Sneaky Petes. Food hasnt got much better,but there is more of a selection of beer than there use to be. Then homebound.. had a Widmer Rotator Shaddock Ipa,and sadly the last of my California "un"common which grew on me and for a year old is still very good.Its one I thought I screwed up or infected,turns out I just overcarbed it a bit even though I went with a brew calc. I can say I have never had anything quite like it, I could see it working well into commercial craft beer.Which the Cali. Commons are not well, very common with craft it seems much.

Lagunitas Little Sumpn Sumpn while harvesting my broccoli seed, one of my hispanic coworkers said "...Lagunitas...that mean... little... something" is there any truth to this? My english is nearly as broken as his, so sometimes conversations turn to hilarious misunderstandings within seconds.
Then a Hop Stoopid with the wife, and also a Stone 16th IPA, not as impressive as the Ruination 10, but definately interesting. Will taste in a flight against pliny, simtra, and various barrel aged greatness tomorrow night, and see if I want more.

BootstrapBill said:
Just finished up a 16th Anniversary Stone IPA, the 10th Anniversary Ruination was better. Not bad though.

I had a bottle last night. I agree that it's not as good as the Ruination 10th, but it's still a pretty amazing beer.

Yeah, the nose on it is amazing. Just what I expect from stone, and the body and taste were great but that ruination left a very high bar for their stuff.

Brau Brothers HopSession. A little pricey but I think they should can this too. 4.2%-well done. Its like a hoppy lager, to me and pretty grapefruity.Definatly deserves the HopSession title,a great beer? well its gooder?

Back