cider acting weird

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kewlio250

Reaction score
after 5 days, there isnt any activity in the bubbler of my fermenter
for the first few days there was bubble, but it hasnt bubbled in 2 days

it was bubbling about once every 5 seconds at its peak

what gives?

also, using a flashlight i can see thres a half inch of sediment on the botom

I had a similar issue. I started at S.G. 1.060 and racked after 5 days because it stopped bubbling, but it was only at 1.020. After another 9 in secondary it only went down to 1.016. It was at room temperature in Arizona, so about 75 F. It still got to 5.9% abv, though, so not too big a deal.

I had a similar issue. I started at S.G. 1.060 and racked after 5 days because it stopped bubbling, but it was only at 1.020. After another 9 in secondary it only went down to 1.016. It was at room temperature in Arizona, so about 75 F. It still got to 5.9% abv, though, so not too big a deal.

so you think its fine to bottle soon?
and i wasnt expecting anything over 4-5%, just used 100% motts apple juice with nothing extra

also is it possible to rack to a secondary with only one fermenter?

Er, I don't really think much of anything. I'm talking about my first batch I've ever brewed (of anything). Currently bottled and hopefully carbonating (why do I suspect it won't?).

you really need to check the gravity. if you have a loose seal then it might have fermented without the airlock bubbling. temp is good, the yeast may have just chewed through very quickly, but it is dangerous to bottle until you know how much sugar is left

you really need to check the gravity. if you have a loose seal then it might have fermented without the airlock bubbling. temp is good, the yeast may have just chewed through very quickly, but it is dangerous to bottle until you know how much sugar is left

well a tad too late to go back, bottled earlier today, hope they dont explode!

Back