I've been given the task of supplying a Departmental picnic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastdoc

Reaction score
No, not with homebrew. But, almost as good since I'll be keeping all of the bottles.

I don't have a budget yet but I'm guessing I'll be picking up about 4 or 5 cases of beer. I figure I'll get bud, coors light and killians to keep the bmc drinkers happy and then a bunch of Sam Adams for the more adventurous people. Maybe I'll skip the killians since they are screw tops.

Any suggestions regarding brands?

SNPA is also twist offs.

Id say Sam Adams is a safe bet. Are there any good local brews?

magno said:
SNPA is also twist offs.

Id say Sam Adams is a safe bet. Are there any good local brews?
SNPA actually just switched over to pry-offs. Maybe a case of something a bit adventurous, something you wouldn't mind taking home if it was still full. BTW, you'll probably want to lean more BMC. Sadly enough, that's all that beer is to an overwhelming population of the US.

magno said:
SNPA is also twist offs.

go to the store and get a sixer....tell me that you are now impressed they are pop tops instead of twist. I was at my buddy's bar the other day, and I about **** myself. Then I got into it with some ******* about how they weren't always like that. He felt different, till some random person backed me up.

/rant - but yeah, SNPA, woo hoo!

Case of Miller.
Case of Coors Light, for the ladies ;)
Case of Sam Adams Boston Lager.
Case of SNPA.
Case of something else BMC-ish.

But, it really depends on the crowd. My company, we always get Sammie and Heineken (although I've been bringing brew to company events lately). Could you talk them into getting a case (why not kegs?) of a locally-made pale ale?

If you are looking for good bottles and a crowd pleasing warm day beer I would go with Pacifico or, if you can find it in bottle, tecate.

the_bird said:
...why not kegs?

Because they see this as bringing beer to the party. I see it as a renewed supply of bottles. I've got 5 gallons of Apfelwein waiting for bottles and I'd like to brew and ESB soon too.

Sounds like SNPA will make the list.

Tecate huh? I think I've had that once a long time ago. Isn't it like corona?

As far as leaning heavy towards the BMCs -- the people are just going to have to suffer with real beer.

What's more popular anyway? Budweiser or bud light?

Pick up a couple cases of 32 oz. Tecate's or Carta Blanca with a bunch of limes.

Tecate32oz.jpg

They shorten your bottling time and make great gifts!

These bottles simply rock! :rockin:

thebikingengineer said:
SNPA actually just switched over to pry-offs. Maybe a case of something a bit adventurous, something you wouldn't mind taking home if it was still full. BTW, you'll probably want to lean more BMC. Sadly enough, that's all that beer is to an overwhelming population of the US.

98EXL said:
go to the store and get a sixer....tell me that you are now impressed they are pop tops instead of twist. I was at my buddy's bar the other day, and I about **** myself. Then I got into it with some ******* about how they weren't always like that. He felt different, till some random person backed me up.

/rant - but yeah, SNPA, woo hoo!

I was not aware. Props to Sierra Nevada, they will get my business again. Sorry I doubted you Bird.

You could grab some of those party kegs, you can use those for home brew (no heineken). I have been looking for an excuse to get some...it would take me too long to finish one on my own.

Also, I would vote no BMC, grab some Sam Light and a good german pils (in the party keg).

Depends on your office.
Our office parties are usually at one of the local brew pubs and I havn't seen anyone asking for a BMC. Those who don't like craft beer drink wine or mixed drinks. Ofcourse this is an engineering office and is probably a different crowd than your average office.
If I was my task I would get a case of each of the Great Lakes beers, which is our local brewery (and one of the brewpubs I mentioned earlier).

Craig

I forgot about Bass. It always goes over well with the BMC crowd.

Bud
Coors light
Bass
Sam Adams
SNPA

Now, can I squeak some Aventinus in there?

I brought Broken Halo, Sierra Nevada Celebration, Snow Cap, and Full Sail VSP (Pale? Whatever it is now) to my last company party. (Was christmas)

It all disappeared, but maybe living in the northwest helps for that.

-D

Llarian said:
I brought Broken Halo, Sierra Nevada Celebration, Snow Cap, and Full Sail VSP (Pale? Whatever it is now) to my last company party. (Was christmas)

It all disappeared, but maybe living in the northwest helps for that.

-D

One thing I really miss since I left is the Weinhardt's collection. I also miss the variety of bars up there.

Back