Mid keg tap switch possible?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmystank

Reaction score
Im new to kegging and have a worry as I will fill my first keg tonight. I will be waiting on my perlick faucets and using a picnic tap for the meantime. What Im wondering is can I switch these two over after Ive got the picnic tap running? Im assuming I can I just wanna get some guidance on this before I f**k something up.

Im new to kegging and have a worry as I will fill my first keg tonight. I will be waiting on my perlick faucets and using a picnic tap for the meantime. What Im wondering is can I switch these two over after Ive got the picnic tap running? Im assuming I can I just wanna get some guidance on this before I f**k something up.

Sure, you can take off the picnic tap and line and put it on another keg.

Sure, you can take off the picnic tap and line and put it on another keg.

Thanks yoop. I dont care bout the picnic tap really. Just gonna cut the tap off the line and attach to shank. I should disconnect line from keg first before doing this right?

Thanks yoop. I dont care bout the picnic tap really. Just gonna cut the tap off the line and attach to shank. I should disconnect line from keg first before doing this right?

Oh, gotcha!. Yes. Disconnect it so you don't spray beer everywhere under pressure!

Then, just cut off the picnic tap and place it onto the shank. you'll want a hose clamp, too.

You may just want to keep the picnic tap/line set up, and buy some extra line for the faucet set up, along with another black QD. I find that I use a picnic tap set up often enough to keep one handy. It's usefull for filling bottles, and for taking a keg to parties.

Back